New troubled w/ ccw UPDATE San Bernardino county

Original topic

So the Update; So I picked up my document’s left behind.

The lady i talked to still didnt give me clear answers as to why, her general answer was " totally different than a ccw" when i brought up my gun license, real ID, SS card and even the DHS back ground check. Even to the point i told her my father has pablo on his BC also and his mortgage is under Paul. She likes well thats up to them if they wanted to give him that loan.

I asked about the money and she said "oh you just lose out on that " i asked her again but i paid for the fingerprinting and back ground check can’t you run it and its up to Doj If they accept it or deny it … and this is the part that caught my attention … she said “we could, but if we get audited and they catch the name difference we can get in trouble and end the program” whaaat? :man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4: its not a program, its a law and process of jumping through hoops.

So i went to another sheriffs station that also deals with CCW to see if i could talk to somebody else because i just wasn’t getting the clear answeres i was looking for. In the end, it was the same answer. Either change all my id’s back to pablo or go through the court and do a name change.

So I thought, I’m at the court anyway let me inquire… first off, the civil office that handles the name changes is about 40 miles away. Plus its gonna cost $435 to $450 to do it plus I’m sure some charges that I didn’t see…

Then I start thinking why am I jumping through hoops and keep on paying for something that I should as a american have a right to do . There is 26 states in the US that are constitutional carry and nobody has info on the citizens as far as who is or who isnt carrying …

So i have contacted a couple lawyers to feel them out and see what they think …because this stupid system in california is totally broken and just wants to drain money from their people for something that should be a right…

The part that really gets me is , you do things the wrong way(carrying w/o a license) you get screwed , you try tondo things the right way ypu get screwed… I now understand why some people do what they do.

6 Likes

Oxymorons run through my head…“public servants’” " of the people, for the people" “shall not be infringed”…cripe, CT is relative 2a nirvana at the moment in comparison. …
Wondering if you have anything in the paperwork asking if you go by another name.
Maybe this could make you feel like you’re still trying anyways …
https://www.google.com/search?q=california+gun+rights+groups&oq=&aqs=chrome.1.69i177j69i59i450l14.-1j0j7&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

3 Likes

@Paul483 Looks like the only way to beat this is to change your name on the birth certificate to Paul. Go to Vital Statistics Records to inquire about the name change. More than likely you may have to make your 40 mile trip to see a judge to make that change. IF YOU ARE GOING TO IDENTFY AS PAUL you are going to have to make these changes and it’s going to cost. THAT BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS YOU, get that name change done. You will be issued a new birth certificate with Paul as your name, problem solved.

2 Likes

Or, move to a better state that doesn’t have all the flaming hoops to jump through.
I didn’t need to show my birth certificate, social security card, etc.
Just my driver’s license. Took my prints, paperwork, and money.

8 Likes

Same here, but no fingerprints. Filled out the forms, provided a picture, and wrote a check. Picked up my CCDW card at the sheriff’s office a few weeks later.

4 Likes

@Karacal

And see …thats what im talking about… wish this state was like that… smh. No reason for it not to be. Feels like im being extorted just to get my ccw … my biggest issue is …they should run the background and let doj either except it or deny it…if denied …i would’nt have another question about it.

3 Likes

Come to Wisconsin!!!

3 Likes

I’m in the big desert wasteland just east of you, I’ll help you move🤣

3 Likes

They send them here in the mail.

5 Likes

For a totally different reason, I filed a name change for my son. Cost me close to $600 for application and newspaper ads.

This being California, I understand why they are extremely careful.
Two years ago when I had my license renewed, there was a lot of talk during CCW class about audit of issuing agencies.

2 Likes

Pick a better state to move to! You don’t need a permit in 25 states now.

5 Likes

Remember “going postal” back in the day. It was the start of the end. We just keep pushing people and eventually they’ll reach their limits and push back. This is the danger we’re creating. And sadly, it is becoming the norm. People today start at the end of their rope…so there isn’t a lot of room for error.

4 Likes

It must drive Massachusetts crazy that their 3 northern neighbors don’t require unobtainable permits.

6 Likes

Here in New Mexico in June of 2020, it was ID & digital fingerprints. Then a 2-1/2 month wait for the CCW permit to arrive.

The funny thing is we can open carry without any permit at all.

I believe this is the plan — then they can really push.

5 Likes

Same in NV, open carry is legal, fingerprints are digital.
Last time I received mine in the mail in 27 days

5 Likes

@Alces_Americanus Really, I don’t see why NM (and CO) can’t be like AZ, UT, TX in all having the gun laws.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what NMs issue is but CO is controlled by the anti self defense crowd in the massive urban sprawl in and around Denver.

5 Likes

Too many liberal Californians moving here. Sounds like a joke, but it’s not. (When we arrived here after making our escape, I was shocked to find my new neighbors were from… Berkeley!) I just hope things don’t go backwards from where we are now.

5 Likes

329778de534d011c

8 Likes