New Shooter Monday: Holiday Wish List

As new shooters there is a lot of gear that you might be interested in adding to your range bag or holster. Or maybe you’re looking at a new range bag or holster!

With just two and a half months until Christmas, what are you adding to your Christmas wish list this year?

Be sure to share this thread with your loved ones who say you’re hard to shop for.

😊
This is not a meme thread.

7 Likes

I know I am wanting a Glock 19 Gen 4. I have also let my wife know that I want to try out the Alien Gear ShapeShift Core Carry Pack. I also recently found out that I can not shoot my steel targets at my local outdoor range anymore, so I guess I will be ordering bunches of the USCCA paper targets every chance I get.

I am looking forward to everyone sharing what they are adding to their lists. Maybe, they will give me some more ideas.

4 Likes

A good friend and retired LEO recently visited and shared his praises for the Alien Gear line. I believe that he was wearing the ShapeShift rig. I said that it was very comfortable.

Stay safe out there.

3 Likes

For me Christmas and firearms never been close… so nothing on my wish list.

Anyway, right now I’ve got all I need.
:metal:

4 Likes

I bought my first Alien Gear IWB holster in 2016 for my Kimber Ultra CDP II and still wear it today! With little wear at all. In 2018 I purchased the shapeshift for my Glock 30. I was skeptical at first but essentially you spend $100.00 on 4 or 5 holsters in one. I was happy with the purchase and the comfort and how easy it is to switch out the shells. Let me know if you need any photos.

1 Like

Good choice imo. I’ve had mine 6 years, and have never been regretting the purchase… Added night sights, match barrel, stainless guide rod,and an extended slide release,and been told the battlefield green color is pretty rare.
Not a new shooter,and these days it’s just cleaning supplies and targets, something every shooter can use as a gift, sooner or later.
I am waiting on a couple suppressors,.223 and .30 and that does have me feeling like a kid again…one with way too much patience :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A pistol caliber carbine.
I don’t care if it’s a Ruger, Kel-Tec or Hi-Point.

3 Likes

You all know how it is that specific gun that works so well for you? Well, I need that chefs knife. A set of them, only if they are good.

2 Likes

A little off the beaten path but how about “Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity”??

5 Likes

Had our chance,and nothing happened. Nice thought though. As it is, I’m trying to get my FL permit, and was just told it takes 30 days for fdacs to file their incoming mail. Think they lost my certification, so sent another for them to lose. Locally in CT, seems to be ridiculous as well, despite the ccdl lawsuit.

1 Like

One of these bad boys, so I can afford ammo… :grinning:

My CHL renewal instructor had one, same size and weight of a regular Glock, so great for practice, will work with my holsters and all too.

1 Like

More fire proof safes for all my potato chips. Hint, hint.

2 Likes

One of those cool, padded, felt lined, glass interior door, multi level, drawers with light fixture and shelfs gun safe. Or another little one, just in case.

1 Like

Peace on Earth, goodwill to men. Or a comet coming in on DC if I can’t get the first one so we can start over :joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Man that is a good question. My wish list consist of a 10mm banshee, a Smith&Wesson PC pistol, still haven’t decided which one, another AR15 and lots and lots of ammo. When I told my wife what I wanted she said “KEEP WANTING “.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’m compiling a list of “instructor stuff” for my business to improve the experiences of my clients. My list isn’t as exciting this year as many here have listed. But hey, I’m the kind of person that gets excited when I receive a package of snap caps or new targets. Go figure!

Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

Thought of another one for the list, A week one on one training with a tactical expert, maybe an SF or SEAL. Now that would be some fun.

3 Likes

@Johnnyq60 that Banshee sounds like nice. Afterward, you can build it out as a system with barrels from 5.7x28, 9,357Sig,40,45. Great forethought! Well done!

1 Like

I would be happy with some new steel targets for my range setup! Full-size IPSC, plate rack, dealing tree and a Texas start would be great! Also, an extra helper to help me finish building said range.

6 Likes

I have the .45 Banshee and I love it!!

1 Like