What's on your list?

What’s on the top of your self-defense gear shopping list for 2021?

2 Likes

A VPN service. :wink:

6 Likes

I bet alot of people out west could have benefitted greatly from a back burn.

3 Likes

A VPN and Encrypted Email would be a good start.
2-Way communications that does not use Android or Apple, for emergencies.
Ammo.

Now, if I get a chance, I would love to order an Alchemy 1911… :smiley:

6 Likes

Been using Express VPN for a while. Work well.

2 Likes

Ammo. Heck, might even buy a (gasp) Glock. :astonished: :grinning:

5 Likes

Pelosi’s armed guards.

2 Likes

A new boat.

6 Likes

Don’t know if they can be trusted!

2 Likes

Dude, I swallowed the poison pill, I own a Glock 43X as of the week before last. For $428 out the door with +1 mag (3 total) and it points like a 1911 and in stock form is gun ban legal it even fit in Momma’s hand. Of course I can’t leave anything alone and am in the process of polishing EVERYTHING and installing a Ghost Pro Control arm. Haven’t figured out the holster thing yet so that’s my list for this year other than the standing orders to buy.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

I am thinking Glock 19 or 17… Gen 4 or later I think they “fixed” the grip angle issue. Glock numbers get a bit confusing. Might hit you up on a few questions if I decide to get one.

1 Like

I have always been impressed with the engineering but could never get around the grip. My NPA sight pic with one was Rear Site, Slide, Ejection Port, Slide, Front Site. Yes it was that bad, if you were further than 7 yards you would get a hair cut. This was probably the first Glock I had picked up in 15 years. I was duly impressed, 25 oz loaded is a big load off compared to 2.5 lbs of stainless steel EMPTY. I’m sure it will take some time for me to be comfortable carrying it but in the mean time Momma gets a gun that she is happy with too. Be glad to help with what I can @Enzo_T was a big factor for me and you may with to converse with him also as he is significantly more versed in them than I.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

My first qualification for CHL was with a Glock 23 with a 9mm barrel. Now, with the grip angle fixed, I am in. I like to joke about Glocks, I prefer a 1911, just cause the Prophet, JMB created it.

Glocks work. I might ‘need’ one. :smiley:

2 Likes

My first qualification was with a G26, ended up with a Gen 4 G19, after 1000 rounds its like butter. Eats everything I put through it and can use the G17 mags/Magpul 10. Not as bulky as my G30sf to EDC.

1 Like

LOL, ammo! Primers! That is all I need.

3 Likes

Like a 50 foot cabin cruiser? or a 12 foot John boat?

I want a S&W SW1911SC .45 ACP E-Series Round Butt Scandium Frame 8+1 4.25 inch barrel. But I won’t buy any newbies until I get through the break-in for some I already have. I am not going to the range until after I get vaccinated. And I would like to be able to buy from a well known retailor like Bud’s or Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore. Gun Broker has a lot of stuff but you don’t really know who you’re buying from.

I’ll add another vote for ammo. The new “split shot” buck shot from Federal is high on my list to try out.

I kind of want the new Kel-Tec 5.7
50rd mags? Yes please!

1 Like

@Spence
And I thought I was lazy with 30 rnd mags. The Army only issues us 20 rnd mags. Of Circe those metal mages and metal canteen cup probably saved my life.