New Shield Plus Consistantly shooting left

New Shield Plus Consistantly shooting left… I been trying it for a few days and still having the same issues… I had a few friends try the gun and had the same issues… Hitting Left!

Please help…

Unless all your friends are having the same trigger control issues (not outside of the realm of possibility) then it is likely miss aligned sights. Do the sights look perfectly aligned in the slide?

A bore laser is a good way to check if the sights and barrel are pointing at the same place.

4 Likes

When drifting sights it is handy to remember drift the rear sight from the side you are hitting on. IE: if the gun is shooting left, tap the rear sights from the left side. A little dab will do ya’ at pistol ranges.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

The best test - shoot it using opposite two handed grip. Check if you and your friends still shoot left.
Other option - laser cartridge, shoot without life ammo.

2 Likes

Yea the sights look good to me… the gun shop told me that the rear sight looks to much to the right., but I dont see it lol

1 Like

I did not think about this… so if I shoot with my left hand and it still goes left then its the sights?

1 Like

Potentially. It is possible to introduce other errors if you are not used to shooting with your off hand. I have found that different guns sometimes require slightly different finger placement on the trigger for me.

Calipers to measure the sight alignment relative to both edges of the slide is probably the best way to check the sights. You need to make sure the light isn’t playing tricks on your if you are eyeballing it.

2 Likes

yeah… but it has to be still TWO handed grip, just your left is shooting hand, right supporting hand.

Actually it is good idea to try this shooting not only as test. Sometimes people struggling with eye cross dominance find this better way to shoot.
I personally started as right handed shooter, because I was told to do so :grimacing: I switched to left after I did the trick we talked about… I’m left handed shooter since then. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Use of a gun vise is really the only true way to determine if it’s you or the gun.

3 Likes

Yes it is… but you won’t shoot from vise nor carry it.
Such test has to be done from shooting positions using own hands.
Closer to real environment - better results.

1 Like

My point was only to determine if gun or person to know which needs adjusted. You don’t adjust sights for something that is the shooter’s fault. You correct the shooter.

5 Likes

Yes, I got your point… but I don’t believe @AZJustMe2021 got an option to use vise. Especially at the Range… :wink:
He was asking for quick help, so shooting differently is a quick fix.

2 Likes

Put the pistol in a vise, at the range, with a bore sight in it.:wink:

1 Like

Is this a correct method? :thinking:
A 2021-03-25 00-34-15

:wink:

2 Likes

Depends on which sight is off😉

1 Like

If it is a smaller gun than you are used to then try finger position on the trigger. A smaller gun might position your trigger finger differently and when you pull the trigger and you will pull it to the left.

5 Likes

try shooting from a seated BR position with your wrists supported.

1 Like

One possible issue. However, as you stated, if several of your friends also shot your gun with the exact same issue then it leans more towards the sights on the gun.

2 Likes

yea a few of us tested it and all hit about the same location to the left… I also did a search and seen a number of others returning the gun for repair due to the same issues

2 Likes

Yea I was thinking the same that I had to little finger on the trigger so I try putting the finger into the frist bend and still had the issue… at that point I asked some others to try the guy… we call got the same issue

2 Likes