New Shield Plus Consistantly shooting left

This is one reason I like to wait a year before buying a newly released firearm. I honestly believed this gun would be the exception. The shield has been around for many years. It’s one of the most reputable carry guns you can get.

The good thing is I know S&W will make sure you get a functional product, I just know that process is a pain in the boot. Hope you are able to figure it out!

2 Likes

I had to adjust my sights on a new gun. Not a big deal. Just do it. If you discover it’s your technique and correct it then adjust your sights again. Mountain vs mole hill

4 Likes

@KillJoy Thank you. :+1:

1 Like

Adjusting sights on an M&P can be a bit tricky. First you have to find if the front post or rear post is off,

If it’s the front post, you have to use a vice and a punch to correct the issue.

If the rear sights are the issue, you have to unscrew the screw on the rear sights, use a blow dryer to break the loctite in the rear sights, then use a sight pusher or punch to adjust.

If that seems like too much, I would do one of the following,

Contact smith, (I have multiple M&Ps, and they have all been perfectly accurate out of the box)

Have a gun Smith look at it,

OR pick out those fancy sights you’d prefer, have the gunsmith install them. (This only fixes the problem is the sights and not user error.)

I’m having a similar issue with a new Glock (I’ve only fired it once though so I need to play with it more before adjusting anything). I ordered a laser cartridge to see how off it is since that is a cheaper option than running ammo through it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Other option… change your friends… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

After careful consideration following this topic I have come to a conclusion. I would get rid of this gun. Anything that is left of center is pure evil. If I had a liberal bone in my body I would have it removed! :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ll go further… after he gets rid of the pistol, admin should erase this thread :point_up_2:
:stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously.
@AZJustMe2021
You described your problem in two separate threads.
If you combine them into single problem you will find that issue stays within shooting technique.
However, your pistol, your time, your money. Do whatever works best for you.

2 Likes

Nonsense. All he has to do is scrape a few slivers off the right side of each round. That should fix the sinister guns shooting to the wrong side of center.

4 Likes

Perhaps the bore’s rifling has to be adjusted? I think it needs to be more torqued.

More spin will gyroscopically stabilize the projectile by conservation of angular momentum, improving its aerodynamic stability and accuracy toward right side.

2 Likes

What type of weapon are you shooting? Do you have a fix sight on the weapon? Are you shooting with both eyes open. Sometime a shooter does not realize it but he may be aiming with one eye and all of a sudden he is using the other eye. The eye just drifts over.

I wanted to put the guy on ‘ignore’…but now it is getting educational !!

2 Likes

I have heard it said that there is no stupid questions. But in some you have to hunt for the value!

In this case I discovered why the quote disappeared from my original reply!

Have some questions. You say the weapon is constantly shooting left. What type of group are you shooting and where is the group in relation to the x? What type of sight picture do you have to use to move the group to where you want them? What type of group do you shoot with your other weapons and where are they grouping in relation to the x? If you are shooting fine with the other weapons then I would say that some way you have a sight problem. one solution is to use a small file and take a few strokes on the right side of the front sight. With proper sight alignment that should move the group to the right. Keep doing this a little at a time until you get the results you want. Then clean the sight and have it blued. With a fixed sight system that is about all you can do. Hope this helps. Let me know.

2 Likes

True, but the Shield Plus rear sight is not adjustable, per the manual. Front sight can be adjusted, but direction would then be opposite the instruction given for rear sight adjustment.

3 Likes