New M&P CSX

Yep, I caught my attention right off the bat.

1 Like

This is quite interesting review… :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Comment section is full of people saying they love theirs :joy::joy:

3 Likes

That only shows the CSX is just another usual subcompact pistol… nothing extremely great and nothing extremely bad…

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw some reviews, Have learned from the past , Try before I buy. But as I move along it seems it will less likely that I will buy :us:

1 Like

That guy is a blow hard.

1 Like

I saw this @Jerzees and this guy ain’t right.

1 Like

He is right at some point, but thanks God these are his opinions only…

I can agree as 1911/2011 guy - what’s the point of doing pistol with external thumb safety and 5lb trigger pull, but it doesn’t mean I will tell this is a bad firearm.
Perhaps this a setup that people were asking for?
I don’t think CSX was made to satisfy 1911 shooters.

2 Likes

1:53 John talks about the CSX. He’s typically pretty critical about safeties and he seemed to think it was fine.

2 Likes

I’ve heard some talk about this gun having a false reset.

I think this was the best video on it so far.

3 Likes

The first time I’ve heard about it I thought it wouldn’t bother anybody. Julie Golob (face of S&W) introduced “double reset” as something which comes with firing pin block… but it sounded like BS to me.
Right now, after few weeks I can see a lot of people talking about this as “an issue”… perhaps it is not a problem to feel two resets… but for me as 1911/2011 shooter it’s something not acceptable in SAO pistol.

Anyway… this handgun has brought a lot of emotions… and I have had mixed thoughts about it, but at this moment it’s no-go for me.

4 Likes

I figure they had to choose between a blackstrap safety and a trigger safety to make the gun drop safe. I wonder if a back strap safety would have been a better choice for the sake of the trigger.

1 Like

I was able to handle one today it is a tiny little thing to small for my small hands the trigger was very tight and hard to squeeze. I have heard about the safety being klunky but I didn’t feel that way. My biggest dislike is the size.

1 Like

I have no idea why S&W came with trigger safety.
Thumb lever + firing pin block = 100% safety.
There is no reason for anything else.

1 Like

Handled one at the SHOT Show. Liked the trigger safety—it is full width of the actual trigger so very comfortable. Felt like a good solid gun, but no optics cut which surprised me as most new guns are being built that way. However, it just didn’t blow me away. I’ll stick with my P365 for a sub compact. I did however like the FNX-45 Tactical at the FN booth, so I bought one of those instead.

4 Likes

Only problem I see here is many people choose to carry guns with the safety down. If the safety is not engaged, the gun is no longer drop safe. Maybe the solution would be to put that in the Manuel, and let people do their own thing but someone’s going to be dumb and get shot. I’m not a fan of blackstrap safeties (I give the 1911 a pass), but it would have allowed them to get a lighter trigger like many people wanted.

I don’t know why S&W has trouble with triggers when they drop a new line of product. The M&P first gen did not have a good reset and they got ripped apart for it, I’m not sure why they’d make the same mistake again.

2 Likes

So SAO hammer fired pistol is not a good choice for them.

Not this safety. Firing pin block is a drop safety. Thumb safety blocks the trigger.

They don’t want to listen. Somehow S&W figured out that M&P v.1 had a horrible trigger and corrected it in “M2.0” series and then made it even better with Shield Plus and M&P10MM… but it was still far away from APEX.

3 Likes

Got one for $545 yesterday at a locally owned gun shop. Stripped it and cleaned it. Take down was a little tricky. You need a punch that I happened to have to push a retaining pin through on the slide release. Alignment (to get the pin out) was initially frustrating but once you figure it out it’s no big deal. Actual stripping “in the field” without a punch could be problematic. Though a knife will even work if you are very careful, as can be seen in at least one youtube video.

Went to the range today. Consistent groups but I only shot about 100 rounds. I did not have issues with rapid fire (and trigger reset) as some have reported. We’ll see how it goes longer term. Mainly for my wife – small hands. She likes it as well. She’s also a lefty so the built-in ambi slide lock and reversible (an easy mod) slide release was a factor. We considered Kimber’s smaller guns but did want to drop $200 or more extra.

3 Likes

I have read multiple positive reviews about CSX recently. What seemed to be a problematic at very beginning turned to be easy. Different, but easy.
I personally don’t like small 1911 pistols (means 3" barrel) so this CSX would might be a great equivalent for me.

I’m glad your wife is happy with it. That’s the most important. For firearm, for wife, for you. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I think the kimber micro 9 SVEs look really cool. I really like the look of the black on gold.

They have a kimber micro 9 at my range I’d like to shoot, that being said, I agree with y’all’s decision. I think Kimber makes some nice pistols, but when we’re talking self defense and reliability, I’d trust S&W more. S&W makes some darn good pistols at good prices.

3 Likes