New M&P CSX

I’m wondering if this is true?

I saw articles at few firearm websites… but still no official statement.

Any thoughts from S&W shooters?
Is it a good idea to combine M&P and 1911 into single platform?

2 Likes

Before I’d been shooting the M&P M2.0 for a while, I would have said yes. Now I would say, not for me.
I still hold that M&P is SAO, just hammerless.

Without knowing anything about this new gun, a 1911 trigger tends to be “cleaner”. Maybe I would still want that for precision distance shooting. For defensive shooting, I am quicker and more reliable with the M2.0 trigger. External hammer buys me nothing but another place to collect lint.

If S&W wants money from me, they can sell me slides à la carte cut for MRDS. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, it’s like S&W has seen the photoshop meme “Glock 1911” photo one too many times and decided they would do this just in case it means beating Glock to the punch once again (as they did with the Shield for single stack 9 and Plus for stack and a half little nine) lol

1 Like

I’m a Glock shooter; my opinion doesn’t count.

I’m not sure if it’s real, BUT it seems like a good idea. They may buy into some of the 1911 guys for an easier to carry option that still uses the 1911 system.

My only criticism is it still doesn’t seem to have the same benefits as an actual 1911 other than the trigger might be lighter. It’s not 45, it’s not an all metal frame, it didn’t win any world wars. I’d see it as a more affordable carry option for 1911 aficionados.

If I was a 1911 guy, I’d probably still want all metal gun, but I have a feeling this might do okay. I’d imagine it would be more reliable than the Kimber micro 9s (not bashing those, I’ve just heard they can be ammo picky and a bit finicky). It seemed like they were trying to get the 1911 guys with the shield 45 a couple years back too.

3 Likes

Interesting, but with only a 12 round mag, why would I get this over my 1911’s? Of course, at the price point of most M&P pistols, I might have to try one, if this is legit. And if S&W is making them better than my last M&P…

Good to have options!

3 Likes

My son is looking for a 1911 in 9mm–he’d be a buyer.
I have been a fan of my Shield .45, and if they marry this well, could be a great gun–although I don’t like hearing ‘heavy trigger’ on a 1911 SA style.

1 Like

It’s a tiny little fellow. Not sure I like it to be honest. I’ll have to watch future vids.

3 Likes

Another trusted channel confirms:

3 Likes

I wonder if since it got leaked all the content creators can now release the I fo on it.

1 Like

I’m thinking they are gonna do this on 2022 Shot Show.

This is the best way to get the most interest from shooters.

3 Likes

Now, if they make a full size one, it might be much more interesting.

2 Likes

Okay, it actually looks really cool. I’m kind of excited to see a small metal gun that’s lighter than the shield. If I were to buy one, I’d probably let the first batch go through for a few months before picking one up myself, but this looks really promising to me.

2 Likes

I hate to say it as a Smith guy that thing is too small.

3 Likes

True, the fact it’s smaller than the shield is kind of crazy.

I personally would have preferred slightly larger than the shield.

Curious to see how well it does over the next year though.

3 Likes

Not sure how I feel about the trigger safety.

1 Like

That makes a Glock trigger look sexy.

6 Likes

I kinda like the way it looks. Being a Smith&Wesson guy I’m curious to get my hands on one and give it a shot.

6 Likes

I like the way the pistol looks over all well enough but the trigger specifically is a little…special lookin’

2 Likes

My Range has one for rent!!! I am going tomorrow to test it-- Oh wait I live in Mass so I can shoot it. But if I like it, I cannot buy it until the CSX makes it on the compliance list-- WTF Massachusetts!

3 Likes