New M&P CSX

S&W will not be at 2022 SHOT Show.

:thinking:

So why they are showing up on 2022 SHOT Show Plan?

A 2022-01-07 22-53-17

So far as I know only SIG Sauer announced its absence,

2 Likes

Probably because they will be there more than likely. Beware the fake news peddler.

Carry on.

3 Likes

I wanna see a performance center model

3 Likes

And a 4” version…. I will buy then

2 Likes

:joy:
Small pocket pistols in Performance Center line with 4" barrel…
That is gonna be CSX-XL Competition handgun. :wink:

3 Likes

Threaded barrel, to allow ultra-discreet cul-de-sac defense without harming the neighbors’ hearing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Also to keep you waiting years for a holster.

2 Likes

Nice CSX introduction. :+1:

2 Likes

It looks like a really cool gun. I like the idea of S&W taking a look at metal guns. I personally wish they made a larger offering in the same format, but that looks like an excellent conceal carry platform.

As much as I love S&W I’d still let the gun be on the market for 6 months to a year and let everyone else experience the potential issues if there are any. I remember the EZ had some nasty recalls. If I was a die hard fan of the platform, I’d probably just pick it up and test it myself though.

3 Likes

Yeah. This is still to early to decide whether this is a good self defence handgun, or not.
Idea is really great - small, pocket size pistol with 1911 fully ambi controls. And not a polymer, what may be a good selling attribute.

2 Likes

I love my polymer guns, but I’d own more full metal guns if they weren’t so expensive. The price of this one is kind of cool. I wonder if they made it into a larger offering if it would become more unappealing due to a higher price.

1 Like

I don’t like polymers anymore… :joy:
And I don’t like small pistols as well. 3.1" barrel is not for me.

I’m comparing CSX to Kimber Micro9 and I see a progression within this size pistols.
More rounds, fully ambi with the same price … that’s a great offer.
I think $600 for a metal handgun is a fair price… but only if it proves its reliability.
Now it is a time for all Youtubers to either put CSX on the top or destroy it. :joy:

3 Likes

As you all know I’m a Smith&Wesson kinda guy. It looks like a possible next purchase for me. But I want to let it be on the market for a while before deciding on it. My local gun store had it in stock and I picked it up in my hands and since I have small hands it felt good in my hands but I didn’t shoot it yet. Let’s see how it goes in a couple of months.

4 Likes

I hear the trigger is HEAVY, so not exactly 1911 style there. Kinda fugly too.

2 Likes

Trigger is still on hinge / pin. It will never be as good as 1911 one.
However CSX’s 5lb - 5.5lb is not a bad trigger weight for a S&W product.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen an MSRP on this one. From Shot show I did get the weight which is 20oz I was told. I think I will go text shoot this one myself before making a descision on it. I would take some of my different ammo with me to try them out :us:

2 Likes

I recall hearing $600, but I was not at shot show. I just remember hearing that price in a video somewhere when all the guntubers announced it.

3 Likes

S&W suggested price is $609.
Depending on location you can buy it for
$595 - $625.

3 Likes

Caught my interest, But will go out and try to shoot one then consider it further :us: watched Mr Guns and Gear he seemed to have gave a good score

3 Likes

I’ve watched several YT Channels about SHOT SHOW 2022 and everybody talked about CSX. Looks it might be S&W’s best selling product this year.

3 Likes