New Jersey now "Shall Issue" Any Recent experience?

I know that New Jersey has been pretty much an impossible state to get a concealed carry permit. Now that New Jersey advertises that they are a “Shall Issue” state if anyone has recent experience with getting a non-resident permit I’d be grateful if you can share the experience.

Thank you in advance,
Dave

2 Likes

Only 2 states away and haven’t been to NJ since my Grandfather passed away, but saw this in the news a few days back. Hope the idiots in our blue states wake tf up next week. Nov.8 will let us know our future.

1 Like

They want residents and visitors to feel safe, well I will avoid New Jersey, because they make me feel less safe with their laws.

6 Likes

Same as me,and I have no reason to leave Texas right now for any BLUE State

6 Likes

Applying for a NJ permit is akin to pasting a “kick me” sign to your back. NJ Democrat law enforcement would know that you are a dangerous firearms owner who carries.

3 Likes

I am only dangerous to any one that wants to mess with me

3 Likes

IT’S A TRAP!
It’s a “shall register!”
How do you say in American, doveryay no proveryay!

2 Likes

I was chatting to a guy from NJ the other day at an IDPA match about getting a permit there now it’s a “shall issue” state.

He told me that he applied as soon as the law passed, and he still hasn’t gotten his permit yet. He did everything “right” yet they keep jerking him around, telling him he needs new pictures, or they lost his paperwork, etc.

I spoke with a trainer whom is already doing the Utah and Maryland permits and asked if he was going to ever do the NJ one and he said “Not until there has been a successful lawsuit against NJ Gov. for not issuing permits even though they said they would”. Apparently they haven’t issued a single permit since the law changed.

Also, they haven’t published the full list of places that you won’t be able to carry but already it’s looking like there is going to be little point in having a permit there as everywhere is going to be deemed a “gun free zone”

4 Likes

Out-of-state residents must apply to the New Jersey State Police station nearest to their geographic location using the same process as residents. A firearms training course is required for new applicants, who must be at least 21 years old.

Here is a link to the USCCA Reciprocity Map, where you can see the requirements for obtaining a New Jersey Permit To Carry A Handgun, as well as access to the online application for it.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nj-gun-laws/#permit_info

1 Like

And the class is 14 days long😉

2 Likes

14 days is toooo long,NO NJ for me at all! Even passing through with out of state license is a sure stop and search,not worth it at all!

2 Likes