I’m moving from Texas to New Jersey

How can I keep my firearm?
I read some of the NJ firearm laws and boy, are they restrictive! How can I move from TX to NJ and keep my firearm? Pistol.

3 Likes

Why??? Not my business but. Why???

11 Likes

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nj-gun-laws/

Also something brought up lots is no HP ammo outside your home, you have to carry FMJs in your firearm. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

By moving to Arizona instead?

13 Likes

Family, my wife, and I just had a newborn, money is tight, and we don’t have the means to make it out here. The In-laws have a paid-off house and are borderline retirement age. My wife is their only child. So the house gets passed down to her, and its in Rural South Jersey. So bigger home, whereas we’re paying 1,500 for a small apartment in Houston, barely getting by.
I know TX is the place to be, but way I’ve seen it, folks have been moving from all sorts of deepBlue states and landed here. Its bad everywhere else, but especially financially TX doesn’t pay well either. I’m not a white-collar citizen, barely blue-collar.

9 Likes

We are just teasing you a little, and in actuality I wish you the very best of luck.

14 Likes

You may or may not be able to.

You may, in practice, need to basically give up the idea of gun ownership in NJ. From what I can tell.

9 Likes

ouch. I appreciate the input gentlemen

6 Likes

Wish you and your family the best on your big adventure, let us know how it goes. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

yes of course.

4 Likes

Related Information & Links for New Jersey Gun Laws

5 Likes

my wife is next to me and I just told her the laws in NJ. UGH, why are there so many gun laws? Its not like criminals follow these laws. :man_facepalming:t2:

9 Likes

“Heavy Sigh” It’s not about the criminals. :unamused:

9 Likes

Wellllll, that depends on how one defines “criminal”, eh?

If I drove my car to certain other states right now, I’d be a felon several times over I think

But yeah

9 Likes

What if I never told anyone I had a firearm in my house or report? Is big government gonna come in and take it

5 Likes

Not unless you have to use it. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Better using it in a life or death situation defending family. No widow ever said, “I’m just happy my husband didn’t use a firearm to protect us”

5 Likes

Iirc, this guy is from Joisey

Maybe he has vids on pistols, not sure.

4 Likes

thanks, Matt, I’ll check out his inventory

2 Likes

What if you commit a felony? Or, multiple felonies, as the case may be?

Good luck

5 Likes