New Jersey now "Shall Issue" Any Recent experience?

Dave,

Thanks for the reply and links. I’ll check and see which barracks is closest to CT. There is one that is 10 minutes from where I am, so maybe a quick check in would help. I have an apartment in NJ, so I believe I can apply as a resident, even though my permanent address is CT. This is why I have more questions than answers.
The political scene here is the worst. In the governor’s state of the union speech last night, he talked about the tough gun laws and how they’ve made NJ so much safer. For the permit, I already spent $200 already on the firearms qualification with 3 guns, which I thought was ridiculous (worse than MA), Hopefully the state police are reasonable and give me good info.

Thanks again for the information.

1 Like

I don’t tend to travel outside the U.S., so I have no need for a New Jersey permit.

1 Like

Scott,

New Jersey states that aside from non-residents presenting their applications to the Sate Police they don’t differentiate between resident and non-resident applications, all is the same.
Dave

1 Like

Dave,

I figured I’d update my story. I actually met with the NJSP on Monday, February 13th, where I dropped off all my information and application. I received a call on Friday, April 14th stating my NJ non-resident carry permit was ready. I have since picked it up. Thanks for the info early on. The process was actually very easy, with no hiccups.

Thanks again.

3 Likes

Scott, I’m glad I had something to offer. I got my NJ Permit amount a month ago.
Best, Dave

1 Like