New Illinois tradition

Land of Lincoln huh

2 Likes

I love it! It keeps the conversation going :wink:

2 Likes

Microaggression, isnt it?

On a more serious note, who in their right mind would consider “Temple of Satan” a legitimate religion, equal in the eyes of the Law to Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and so on, and would legitimize this nonsence by allowing their symbols in the State Capitol, no less.

Clowns thats who.

3 Likes

There is no good without bad, right? We’re either okay with freedom or we aren’t.

4 Likes

I’d bet a display of guns would not be welcomed.

3 Likes

Are not :zap: GUNS :zap: a religion?

3 Likes

Ask Joe Biden. His answer may differ from ours.

1 Like

Moral relativism is a huge problem in our society. Equating beliefs of a world religion with sick cult like Nexium, or with Satanists’ is bullcrap. The State endorsing a sick cult, doesnt elevate the cult, it denigrates the State.

4 Likes

Yea and no. The world used to burn witches, and that was okay because most people agreed. Man made religion, not the other way around, so who is to say they made the right one?

i’m not condoning bad behavior, be it a baby eating cult (made that up) or abuse by many priests. No one has the clear picture of what “right” is, we just make ourselves feel like we do, and use public opinion to do it.

1 Like

Respectfully, I disagree with almost every word you wrote. “Public property” does not mean anything legal goes. If a state Capitol displays a Menora on Jewish holiday, it doesn’t mean Nazis should be allowed to display their swastika next to it. It is hard to codify lewd and profane into the letter of the Law, but this is what a Satanic display is, in the eyes of the majority of the public.

5 Likes

I’m wondering what happened to common sense, morality, and civility in our country. Enough of the “logic” and more “NO” to these inane ideas.

That’s my opinion, only.

1 Like

Can’t curse your demons without a scorecard.

Begging for help from the Feds ( even though you already have the Feds there working on gun violence). Guess that’s what happens when you defund your police department, and show zero empathy when one of your officers gets shot.

Looking at you Mayor Lightfoot

1 Like

Don’t forget Trump offered help and she turned him down, quite vulgarly.

4 Likes

I am sure this is a random incident, and not due to something she voted for.

2 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a nicer person :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe its a thing now.

Remember save the whales, collect the whole set?

1 Like

“So, in the interests of survival, they trained themselves to be agreeing machines instead of thinking machines. All their minds had to do was to discover what other people were thinking, and then they thought that, too.” ― Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions

4 Likes

The only detail that would make these stories better, would be social workers coming instead of police, to help the vics cope with the loss of their highjacked Mercedes.

2 Likes

Kevin:

I’m all too familiar with Kurt Vonnegut as he wrote many of his books in my home town, Schenectady.

I’m not trying to wade into the cesspool of modern politics, but you and he are correct. Sheeple fearful of offending the Dear Leaders will one day awaken to absolutely no freedom or liberties, and then wonder what happened.

Just because something is said loudly and often doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.

Thanks.

2 Likes