New censorship to Facebook

It’s not you. “Z” is a worthless scared punk. That’s all.

Agree. My solution is multiple email accounts browsers that do not keep cookies and VPNs. Fictitious accounts allow access to media without Google Facebook etc identifying directly the same identity. Recommend TOR if you can tolerate the delay. Separation of silos, prevents cancel culture from any meaningful damage. I am security conscious since our government allowed the CCP to have all my private information.

1 Like

Good practices. Other things I recommend for users is go to the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation https://www.eff.org/ ) and read their security information. Use Firefox as your browser download and run HTTPS EVERYWHERE and PRIVACY BADGER, both FREE from their sites. I also run the Duck DuckGo privacy advisor, COOKIE AUTO DELETE - free firefox add on, the paid version of MalwareBytes, Paid version of Norton and paid version of ZoneAlarm firewall. Plus have my router firewalled, my SSID is hidden , so it dosent broadcast its existence, and run a powerful VPN (have a couple installed and switch between them. Also have my hardware address spoofed each time I log in to a new address.
Other important factors include using strong passwords and keeping your software up to date. Use good browsing habits, dont open unknown links, avoid non secure pages, and keep information you share basic.

I list all this hoping others ( Adamant, you seem on top of it all) but for others less familiar I hope this gives them some things to consider.
Only "social media accounts I use are USCCA and one other.

2 Likes

All that being true, privately held companies do have the right to control speech in their business or on their platform.

1 Like

seem to recall a very recent article… Fed is suing google n such over this stuff???

2 Likes

Like the utility companies before them, once you have created and supported a product that then becomes irreplaceable because the old ways of supplying a vital need have been abandoned or driven out of business, and accessing old ways are therefore impractical at best. ( Think wood, coal, vs gas and electricity ), there becomes a need and a duty to set limits and regulate fair and equitable distribution practices, and sometimes even prices.

As much as I hate such things in principal, one can not neglect or ignore the fact that an unfair, and often unknown or unrecognized power exists over the people. One that can not be allowed to gain, and use, free and unrestricted power, ( especially if it is a power people may not be fully aware of ), if there is no other reliable, or readily identifiable, alternative. I might argue that point in more detail, but I think it unnecessary here.

This issue in particular goes above and beyond the importance of “trust busting” and the abuses found there. This is so far reaching in affect and implication that it surpasses issues like subliminal advertising and abuses of monopolies.

3 Likes

True, but if they do that then that makes them publishers, and not a platform/service and they should lose their CDA Section 230 protections. As it is now, we can’t sue them to recover damages if their censoring results in any financial harm. And that is wrong.

4 Likes

Personally, with only a couple exceptions, like USCCA, I do not do social media at all. As much as I despise their abuse of their exemption, which will hopefully soon be rescinded, I dont like the idea of everyone on the internet, government and consumer website knowing anything about my personal life. Just my choice.

4 Likes

Yeah tried to keep my name & info off the web for years. Didn’t work. Guess it’s best to get off the grid.

2 Likes

Went to Parler and created an account, I’m very under inpressed so far.

2 Likes

Deleted Facebook Saturday.

3 Likes

I closed and deleted all my social media last month. Haven’t messed it since.

3 Likes

Damn glad to see you back here @RocketPak

1 Like

Not gonna be to active though. They still limit the amount of posts/replies you can do in a 16 hour period.

2 Likes
1 Like

It has a learning curve. More like Twitter. If you have something you are interested in other than the people you follow, once you post something, Let us say something about handguns? You have to save and send it with( #Parler#Patriot#handguns. Then make sure your friends and followers know the address and you will have created a page much like this one we are talking on. Without someone telling you that your remarks are misleading or hateful it is a breath of fresh air. Just play with it.

1 Like

Does the USCCA have a MEWE account? I have been moving off facebook for the obvious reasons and I dont see a USCCA page there yet.

I see a lot of comments for Parlor, which is a non-censored twitter whereas Mewe is more a non-censored facebook.

1 Like

Some days I wish a lot of this technology would disappear. Other than this site don’t use social media. I’d probably all ready bee thrown off anyway. LOL . If I’ve got something to say, I’ll call ya, is my philosophy.

1 Like

Check out the documentary “Social Delima” on Netfix. Came out a few years ago with ex-google and twitter executives expressing concern about the monsters they’ve created and the damage being done especially to our future generations. It’s all about the money and how long they can keep you connected to your devices. Sad but true overview; this was a few years ago and their predictions are worse than they predicted. Well worth the 90 minutes.

1 Like

-In one case, Facebook labeled the President’s post of his Veterans Day proclamation with the note “Joe Biden is the projected winner of the 2020 US Presidential Election.”

1 Like