Narcan, have you added this to your first aid kit?

Considering the state of affairs and the prevalence of dangerous substances flooding across our borders, have you considered adding Narcan nasal spray to your first aid kit?
It seems it’s been available OTC since September 2023.

11 Likes

Nope. I’m far from narco problems. But I do keep Sudecon on me, that seems to be needed more than Narcan.

3 Likes

Are you saying that a person who is not a user of illegal drugs would have a use for Narcan in their first aid kit?

8 Likes

was at the Dr’s they had it available for free in the waiting room
so I grabbed 4 and set 2 out at church and 2 in my medical bag
over doses happen every were even wen some one mixes up
their meds

5 Likes

welcome Patrick 141

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Patrick141
Yes, if by chance, you or a person comes in contact with fentanyl

11 Likes

I’m not sure there exists a place guaranteed to be removed from all of those problems

6 Likes

So, I guess your closer to being pepper sprayed than coming in contact with a person overdosing, at say a restaurant or a theater or grocery store?

Great answer and welcome aboard @Patrick141 .

6 Likes

As someone who has been trained in and sprayed with and carries pepper spray, I will say, for that, sudecon or whatever type product is overrated. It’s also not life saving. Narcan, if you need it, you need it now, and it can save a life

4 Likes

I’m old enough to see a lot of places without narco problems. I’m a living example. :slightly_smiling_face:

Usually this problem doesn’t seek people. People are looking for this problem.

8 Likes

Yeah , that’s correct. I have never had need to deal with OD, but pepper spray / gel is a substance that has been staying on me 24 / 7.

4 Likes

Everything is about being prepared for the situations we are living in.
If I’m not a painter, I don’t need paint thinner, if I’m car mechanic, I need Heavy Duty Hand Cleaner.

The same is with directly life saving Narcan and indirectly life / reaction time saving Sudecon. Depending on who you are, where you live… one might be more needed than another.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, Patrick141.

You too if not already will become a Gunahualic!!! :grin::thinking::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m not interested in being a first responder for a drug addict. We pay people to do that.

7 Likes

I think I’m already one, thank you!

4 Likes

Yes we do

4 Likes

Agreed, sorry for taking only part of your comment but expresses my feelings.

6 Likes

6 months ago, I saved a coworker’s life from an OD. You have no idea who around you is a user, and there is nowhere in this entire country that is “isolated” from these problems, thanks to the dementia patient in chief. A good friends wife’s sister died of an OD saturday night. Narcan didn’t bring her back. Was out celebrating her 28th birthday with “friends”. The “friends” had brought cocaine that they did not know was laced with fentanyl. 4 of them OD’d from it. She lost her life due to being peer pressured by friends on her birthday… my wife saved a coworkers life a year or so ago now. Was ODing in her truck. The wife didnt know that it was fent and gave her mouth to mouth without a guard and was exposed herself in the process. My wife is a RN and was just doing the right thing and got exposed. It happens a lot more often and a lot faster than you would think, so if you have access to narcan, it really is not a bad idea.

7 Likes

It’s not always drug addicts (or even users) that get exposed

8 Likes

A rare occasion where I agree with you; though Nathan’s comment is noteworthy, there are many other things that are more likely more useful to me to carry instead.

3 Likes