Narcan, have you added this to your first aid kit?

Pick up that $10 bill laying on the ground. If it’s dusted with fentanyl, you’re gonna need narcan.

6 Likes

Nah, I will leave it, I don’t need it. I once found about $400, but so did the guy close by. We were at a gun show. I convinced him to turn it into to main office. A few minutes later a PA message was aired.

One of my bil’s nieces ODd - not on an opiod, but she was gone well before he found her. He was an LEO, so he knew CPR, etc., but it was far too late.

1 Like

IMG_2132

4 Likes

Great video.

Just keeping up with the times, 30 years ago I never thought I would ever need a chest seal in my first aid kit, or Quick Clot!
A simple traffic accident could be more than just groceries falling out of the trunk!
30 years from now we’ll need something to protect us from AI robots, who knows!

4 Likes

Nope, not then, either.

2 Likes

Neither of which will save a drug addict from a narcotic OD.

1 Like

Not exactly the point. Times change, sh/t happens.
Unfortunately a lot of sh/t is coming to a neighborhood near you!

6 Likes

I have had close experience there. I came home one day after work to find a LEO in my side yard; two sets of tire tracks in it, leading from my driveway to my neighbor’s yard; neighbor’s fence damaged; and a drug scale in the grass. I live near two schools, so a gun-free, drug-free zone. My daughter was home from school at the time, but she heard nothing - thankfully - being on the other side of the house.

i still will not carry Narcan.

3 Likes

OK, we can keep it there!
I haven’t made the purchase myself, but it was a question worthy of our attention, considering our porous borders!
If I make the investment $44.00 it’s for myself and or family members only.

3 Likes

Yes, if you know someone who use or OD on (FEN) and if your a LEO you know the danger of (FEN) (NAR) can save a life.

4 Likes

Welcome Patrick
Welcome to the party Pal! :laughing:

What Scott and Karacal have said is ‘IF’ we come in contact w/ a person over dosing
and considering the SH** Fentanyl floating around in Med’s these days it is more possible than ever to unwittingly/unknowingly ingest it yourself or a Family member
That is why I personally got of the Pain meds years back. It was being said Tylenol was possibly
dangerous to the people taking it. My Oxy had a Tylenol chaser. NO SIR! Buh Bye all pain meds.
My ‘Advil’ has a coating on it, if the coating is chipped, it goes in the trash.
With Narcan being readily available OTC I see the Logic in having a couple of doses.
Just like Guns, you can’t have too many tools in your toolbox. It may save a life, or you may never use it.
Like a Firearm I’d rather have it and not use it then… KnowhatImean?

6 Likes

Just delete the (12) steps and Insert the (4) RULES AMIRITE Brother? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Like the Hooker said to me,'Don’t point that thing @ me unless you are ready to use it honey! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Yeah, yeah, I get ya nut.

4 Likes

I picked some up recently. I have a young son in school and you never know what he might get unknowingly exposed to.

I also remember working a job in a factory where on the shift before mine someone brought in some homemade treats for the entire crew that were secretly laced with drugs. Very little got done that day and it was pretty funny seeing the after effects except that several people almost got seriously injured due to being out of control after chowing down on what they thought was a harmless snack. If those drugs were laced with Fentanyl then there could have been several deaths if no one had access to Narcan.

It would only take one disgruntled employee at a restaurant or food producing factory to expose people who would never dream of getting near drugs. Or one drugged out attacker who managed to get their contaminated hands near your mouth or nose before you can force them to keep their distance.

Seems like in this day and age there are a whole lot of reasons to keep some Narcan handy. I suspect the odds of being unknowingly exposed to contaminated drugs are in a similar ball park to having to draw a firearm in a self defense situation.

9 Likes

No, But I think it’s a great idea. I am a Registered Nurse that’s worked in ERs s well as in state prison systems. I have seen victims of Fentanyl exposures that were neither users or dealers. I remember Cops responding to a call who unknowingly walk into a home where there Fentanyl was present that passed out and needed Narcan, another incident where a child at school was exposed from another kids backpack and also blacked out. So those people responding to your question that seem to have no inclination to consider the need for Narcan simply because they feel the life of a person who’s overdosed is not worth saving should thoughtfully reconsider. I would also respectfully challenge the thought that the drug addicted are worthless or not worthy of saving. I know church pastors that were previous addicts had their lives turned around from one person that took the time to care and intervene.

11 Likes

A lethal dose (2milligrams) weighs about as much as a mosquito. Practically undetectable.

8 Likes

Welcome aboard sir. We are happy you are here.

Roger the Narcan. I have it in my aid bag. You never know.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Joey22

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!!!

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes