Must-See Gun Movies

We watched The Rundown with Dwayne “the rock” Johnson this weekend. It was ok as movies go, entertaining enough. There’s a scene in there where hes shooting two 12ga pump shotguns, one in each hand. Its pretty fun because he racks them about a dozen different ways… on things, under things, under his own armpits, under the bad guys armpits, shoots them side-by-side with both shotguns mounted to one shoulder (hes definitely a big guy… he makes a pair of 12 gauge shotguns look small)The whole scene was awesome.
Plus at one point, hes holding a bad guy by the scruff of the neck with one hand so he racks his handgun slide on his chest with the other… :astonished:
Ok, hes definitely got steel pecs but OUCH!
It’s near the end of this clip:

I love that movie! I’ll have to go back and rewatch it for the gun play. I remember seeing it years ago and laughing throughout (monkey scene was inappropriate but hilarious :innocent:).

1 Like

Lol! Yes! Gunplay indeed. I think they must have sat around brainstorming how many different ways can we rack a shotgun? … “oh! Oh! What if we …” :laughing:

2 Likes

Just for fun and off the beaten path. Evil Roy Slade, staring John Austin from the Adams Family show. The best scene. A woman he falls in love with is trying to turn him into not being an outlaw. She is educating him. Asks “you have 6 apples, your neighbor takes 3, how many apples do you have. He says “6 apples and a dead neighbor”. LOL

2 Likes

Definitely going to have to check that one out, @Richard4.

@Jeffrey was telling me about a Bruce Willis movie while we were at the Expo this weekend, but for the life of me I cannot remember what movie it was…?

2 Likes

Death Wish.

1 Like

You know it! John Wick is the best!!!

2 Likes

Huh, that is totally not what I was hearing yesterday when we talked! LOL! My ears were a bit tired by that point of the Expo. :wink:

Definitely going to watch it in the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

It was a good movie but not what everyone was expecting. I think most people were expecting him to take on impossible odds and win. While there were some overwhelming numbers at times it was not the 90 minutes of gun play I think a large number of people were expecting. There were some very good hand to hand/martial arts scenes and more of them than I think people were expecting also.

Would I see it again? Yes but Ill wait and not go to the theater to see it again.

Just one persons (mine) opinion

2 Likes

You’re referring to John Wick 3 right? I plan on watching Death Wish at home as I’m not a fan of movie theaters. I’ll wait for JW3 to come out on blue-ray.

5 Likes

yes I was talking about JW3. As far as Death Wish. The new one with Bruce Willis it good and takes the basic story of the original (Charles Bronson) and gives it a new fresh spin.

I call it a toss up between Bruce and Charles (who could ever not like Charles Bronson).

3 Likes

I didn’t see John Wick 3 yet, maybe this coming weekend. I wanted to def get to the USCCA Expo, and we had a great time!!! Thank you Dawn + Don!!! Yinz are awesome!

2 Likes

Big Jake is the name of the movie you are thinking of.

1 Like

JW had his sons play in several movies. Patrick I believe was in the most.

1 Like

One of the best Spaghetti Westerns of All time rides high on my list, “My Name Is Nobody”.

Corino and Jubal with Charles Bronson were excellent.

The Shadow Riders.

Conagher and “The Sacketts” along with “You Know My Name”- Sam Elliott.

Silverado.
Unforgiven and Pale Rider, Clint Eastwood.

1 Like

Same here. I haven’t been a fan of crowds since I got out of the service.

For what it costs to go to a theater I can fix Ribeyes and Giant Shrimp on the grill, have a great dinner and watch it at home anywhere.

4 Likes

And popcorn doesn’t cost $11 :rofl:

2 Likes

WOW! Where’s the real classics?!!! Gotta have Clint!

5 Likes

And for pure entertainment value (and wonderful on-screen chemistry :wink: ) there’s Desperado

5 Likes

A real popcorn movie…Just for the silly fun of it…”Shoot-’em Up” it’s so bad you will love it.

4 Likes