Moving to Texas

Hi Everyone,

I know I have not been on this forum. No need to say but times have been challenging and eventful. Having to say that, I just wanted to share with you all some good news.

Effective mid-September, I will be relocating to Texas. I have been offered a job right outside of Dallas and have accepted the position. Now that things will settle down and calm down a bit, I hope I will be a bit more active around here.

32 Likes

Congrats! Good luck on your move and new job.

4 Likes

Congrats !

Enjoy new lifestyle :love_you_gesture:

A 2021-08-24 22-25-13

… :thinking: perhaps it’s too much…
… but this one is also cool :muscle:

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate that. Concealed for me. Undecided… :thinking:

glock-43x-9mm-pistol-silver-slide

180021_01_lg_6

6 Likes

Thanks, @PDA3.

Concealed is also cool in TX. At least you know you are not lonely armed citizen in the crowd… :slightly_smiling_face:
Decisions, decisions… carry one which suits you best.

1 Like

Congratulations @Jorge and may the blessings of God follow you wherever you go.

4 Likes

If you decide on the 43X as I did look into shield Arms mags that turn the gun into a 15+1 CCW. I’ve been running them for almost a year at 100% reliability. If you go with them make sure you get their mag release too.

4 Likes

@Jorge - welcome to the forums and CONGRATULATIONS!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Lone Star state Texas Governor Signs 7 Gun Rights Bills Into Law, Including Constitutional Carry - YouTube This just happened here.

5 Likes

You’ll have to join a local outdoor range.
https://www.arlingtonsportsman.com/

I have a friend that works there. It’s awesome.

2 Likes

Congratulations and enjoy some new freedoms, I lived outside Dallas and worked out of big D for over 20 years until retiring. That whole metroplex has grown considerably and is spread over a large area. If you are coming from the L.A. area you know what to expect and should adjust easily. Another plus is no state income tax.

2 Likes

be aware it is liberal dem

3 Likes

Cool. Thanks, Enzo, for the advice.

2 Likes

I have the Taurus and my husband the shield. Love them both. But MP seems smoother operationally

1 Like

I’ll have to check it out sometime. Thanks.

1 Like

I know that Taurus has come a long way in terms of quality but between the two, MP is preferred choice.

2 Likes

Take a look at the H&K45C. A little pricey but machining and functioning is world class, hammer fired midsize. Wife carries S&W 9mm EZ and loves it. ALWAYS carry. Stay safe. USCCA is your best friend.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Dennis155 and God bless you.

Jorge,

Welcome to Texas! I didn’t see where you coming from, but it doesn’t matter. I’m sure you’ll love it here.
Also, keep in mind that on 9/1/2021 Texas becomes the 21st State to have Constitutional Carry!!
No need for a CC permit. The law was already signed a few months ago by Governor Abbott and it goes into effect 9/1/2021.

Joe

3 Likes