Movie Peeves

Computers/IT

7 Likes

The Italian Job, remake
ā€œYouā€™ll. Never. Shut Down. The Real. Napsterā€ :wink:

4 Likes

Good catch Quade5 :rofl: Just goes to show our mind will perform itā€™s own ā€œautocorrectā€. Still, good catch. Great attention to detail. :grin:

4 Likes

Good topic , I could go on all night on this one. Drives my wife crazy when we watch firearms involved movies. But I will leave with a quote I think was from Roy Rogers or Gene Autry. ā€œthe reason we called it a 45 is because we could shoot it 45 times without reloadingā€. Heck may have been The Duke, fun quote though.

9 Likes

One of my biggest peeves is when older movies would do a slow motion and it would show the whole cartidge ripping through the air instead of just the bullet. Drives me insane. Go shoot one time and you know the difference.

7 Likes

Got another oneā€¦. Seeing blanks come out of the gun or hit the ground.

7 Likes

A guy with a fully automatic firearm, inside of a warehouse, with a good defensive position, lights of 200-300 rounds (without swapping mags) at people running around in the open and canā€™t seem to hit a single one of them.

11 Likes

I watched a movie last night that literally hit each and every one of the gun-related movie peeves mentioned here. In addition, I got another three:

-Shooting an Uzi one-handed.
-A cop who keeps his duty weapon loaded but not chambered.
-Putting a BIG scope (at least a 6-24x50mm) on a gun with a 10-12ā€ barrel that had a 9mm mag sticking out of it.

10 Likes

4ft-6in 95# female detective in street clothes chases down a 6ft-6in 275# guy with a gun. Catches him, body slams him and intimidates him while talking on the radio to tell her partner where she is.

13 Likes

This is why my favorite is the limping Jim Rockford who gets punched in the mouth from time to time; sometimes carries a .38 revolver and candidly disclosing in the show heā€™s technically a prohibited person :upside_down_face: thatā€™s the kind of attention to detail I love about it.

5 Likes

Along those lines, when the 4ā€™6", 95lbs actress wearing a skin-tight, skimpy party dress and high heels chases down a thug on the street, and when the cameras change, sheā€™s magically holding a full size 10mm that was, apparently, concealed ā€œsomewhere.ā€

8 Likes

@BenTheRifleGuy Welcome to the community. We are glad to have you!

4 Likes

No recoil

4 Likes

I think the one where you are shot with an AR15 and you are knocked 10 feet from where you are shot.

6 Likes
13 Likes

That was good.

I had not seen it before.

That specific video shows 42 million views with 1.6 million likes.

1 Like

So true and not that much of an exaggeration :rofl:

2 Likes

The one that always bothers me , especially considering how well they portrayed things in that movie, Is Saving Private Ryan where they are taking the artillery battery position, and one of the characters is firing his Thompson shooting single shots, the problem that bugs me so much is his fake recoil is delayed so much that itā€™s obviously pretend recoil. Bugs me ever time, same when I see it in other movies too.

2 Likes

I never thought about this, but itā€™s probably very difficult to fake the recoil for the cameras when an actor is firing blanks. I know that some modern movies donā€™t even fire blanks, they just use CGI. That seems like it would have an advantage, they could just time the shots to the actorā€™s ā€œrecoil.ā€ But when the actor is firing blanks, he essentially has to recoil at the same moment the blank round fires. I donā€™t think I could time that to be realistic, especially not if they did a slow motion sequence.

Iā€™d bet most actors just react to the sound of the blank round firing, but by then theyā€™ve already missed it. Thereā€™s probably a lot of ignorance involved, too; actors simply donā€™t know how firearms work. But even if they did, thatā€™d be a hard thing to convincingly pull off. (Unless youā€™re on the set of Rust and there are live rounds in the firearms.)

4 Likes

I have two: 1) in spite of having fired several hundred rounds inside of a confined space, no one is ever bothered by the noise, and 2) the drawn-out deathbed speeches after being mortally wounded by a large caliber round.

5 Likes