Move over, Assault Rifle

@BRUCE26 @Ouade5 @Mark697 You are playing into the anti gun crowd’s hands if you are relying on the police to protect you or our children. Without a vigilance society the criminals will take over. Does the word tyranny mean anything to you. What do you think will happen if we can’t take care of ourselves and the government takes over.

WTF. Are you even talking about??? Troll/Mole.

1 Like

It’s 2023. Observe and report.

4 Likes

Live stream and retweet.

4 Likes

It sounded like you were in line with Mark and Quade it is good if you aren’t. Sorry I thought you were. You realize it is everyones job to protect us and our children.

You need to re-read their posts. You appear be confused about the points being made. They are very much opposed to gun control, and believe in the right to self-defense and the RKBA, using this outrageous act as proof one cannot depend on anyone, but oneself.

The point about the police was that their job is to protect people, not that we should give-up our rights and pray the police do their jobs. As evidenced by the story, the police arrive after and in this instance, while it was ongoing, and still failed to protect.

That leaves us, still, as our sole “first responders”. The point being that is why we will not compromise. We will not give-up our ability to defend, nor our RKBA.

5 Likes

Are police in TX all-volunteer force, or are they paid, trained, equipped, insured, retired at taxpayer’s expense? They will either do their damn job, or the taxpayer wants his money back, with interest and penalty for breach of contract.
Abother unrealistic expectation of mine - if police are unable to attack a mass murderer they would just GFO and not attack parents who are trying to get into the school. Lets not forget that happened in Uvalde too.
Call me naive.
And fish rots from the head, too.

3 Likes

Thanks for your response. Sure there are police that are vigilant and would not let criminal violence continue if they are present. From what I understand it is not their responsibility to risk their lives. The more training and situational awareness we have the less risky it becomes. With the continued amount of criminal gun violence who better than us to slow it down.

I would say it’s not their responsibility to risk their lives needlessly. And yes, being a dead police officer doesn’t help anyone. But a police officer who is unwilling to put himself into harm’s way in order to protect others should probably find another career. To me, that’d be a like having a firefighter who’s unwilling to enter a hot building.

3 Likes

So said the courts multiple time, and it is not their responsibility to answer 911 calls either. So said the court!
And the public said - defund the lazy cowards, and use the money to hire people who would respond to calls for help, and would risk their lives to save children.

3 Likes

Only you can prevent forest fires. I am not see the relevance in your post.

Where would we find them? Would they follow each one of us around? Where would we put them to do the most good?

You gotta be kidding me, if you really believe there are no men and women who would like to serve the law, bravely and with honor.
I will repeat, fish rots from the head, garbage mayor appointed garbage chief, who hired trash for officers. These clowns need all be sent to a circus, and entirely new department hired with proper training, and none of the “do not have legal obligation to risk their lives” garbage. One hint of that should be grounds for firing from the force.

3 Likes

Yes there are plenty . Where would/do we find them? Would they follow each one of us around? Where would we put them to do the most good? If you don’t no who does? These are all questions that need to be answered before we can start firing.

Be that as it may, how are we supposed to protect our children at school while we are at work?

If anyone can sit idly by while children are being murdered and claim they did not have a duty to protect those children, they need to be banished from our society.

Worse than that, they were also preventing parents from attempting to rescue their children, and arrested one. So, again, how could we protect our children in that scenario?

4 Likes

Well, first off, don’t expect anything I type to be relevant in real life. I don’t need that kind of pressure.

But if you’re curious, it goes like this: you said that it was your understanding that it is not the responsibility of police officers to risk their lives. I disagreed (mostly), because police officers are often required to put themselves into dangerous situations.

If that doesn’t help, go ahead and block me. You won’t be the first.

1 Like

I appreciate your responses. That is what the forum is for. I don’t want to block you and if there is any way I can help relieve the pressure I will. I should have responded risk their life more than they feel comfortable. Hope this helps.

My wife’s school has a police officer in the school. That helps to slow down criminal gun violence which makes schoolchildren safer. I don’t have all the answers. Every little bit helps. It is when we get emotional and act on our emotions when we make gun free zones.

1 Like

Yet, you stated previously:

Which why I asked about children in school, since you implied that their safety is our responsiblity, even though we cannot logistically nor legally protect them while they are at school and we are at work.

1 Like

I never ask him if he carries a gun I assume he does. I think his presence makes a difference. I think of him as one of us.