Motorcycle riding and Guns

I was wondering for those who ride motorcycles (regardless of make model and year) what holster do you use when you ride? or do you secure it on the motorcycle if so, what do u recommend. Let me know and thank you in advance for your input.

1 Like

We’ve got a couple of threads about riding and carrying:

and

Do those help?

thanks much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anytime you want to talk riding and guns, let me know! :motorcycle:

1 Like

Interesting topic. After a 25 year hiatus I am taking a class in May. No MC yet, until after the class. I still have my endorsement; I just want some refreshing before I go find a ride.

I do like the idea of the Ukoala bag. I have a holster, Safariland, that is a level 2 retention that I could use OWB. I did ride an ATV for years, and while I did not have a problem with a regular OWB holster, I gravitated to the locking ones over time. Have to see what my date wants to do too.

1 Like

Most of the time when I am on the bike I have a shoulder rig on. I have used other methods including a thigh bag similar to the Dawn uses.

Like anything else each has its advantages and disadvantages, For me it comes down to what feels right for me for what I am doing.

1 Like

I use any holster that has a retention system. I don’t use IWB riding as I carry at 4 o’clock IWB, and none of my IWB have retention systems.
I carry at 3-3:30 OWB with some sort of retention, even a thumb break strap.
As stated above, I know guys that use a shoulder rig, and Cabela’s and others offer Concealed Carry vests with inside weapons pockets. A vest looks very natural while riding.

First of all thanks for all the comments on this topic, I am right handed and that is where the throttle is so I try and use a cross draw holster for a left handed person which means I can keep my right hand on the throttle and get out of most problems that could arise but if need be the off hand carry method is what I use. Also a revolver is probably the best gun for the bike w/only 6 shots that should be all you need to get out of trouble and very little malfunctions. I was once told this by a racer who uses this technique. Just curious if anyone else does this.

I wear a vest with all the associated patches “Patriot Riders of America”. I carry a Ruger LCR 38sp in one of the weapons pockets.