Most comfortable way to carry

I wouldn’t worry about it, or spend anymore money! A few months and you’ll be turning in your firearms in or paying until your broke!
“People should know when they are defeated!”
Got to admit the fragility of the situation! They broke the system!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@Jerzees You’re saying that as a “right-hand” shooter to clip your holster at 11’oclock? Not criticizing, just curious because I may be open to trying that at this point.

I’m left handed and one of my handguns is used with AIWB setup. Holster sits on 1 o’clock position with cant almost like cross draw (+/- 20 degrees). Additionally the clips are relocated closer to the bottom of the holster. This way the muzzle is sideways and high enough so it doesn’t bother me at all.

Only left handed people are in their right mind. I currently like the Belly band for comfort and flexibility. You can slide it up down or sideways for comfort. In the warmer weather I go native!

I love the belly band myself! My favorite holster BUT the problem i have when i wear it around my belly, chest, etc for what ever reason the grip leans “out” and its obvious you are carrying. I think maybe in the end i will have to visit all the sporting goods stores and gun stores and just look… i still have a couple months before i will have to face the problem

Amen, brother.

I just can’t do belly band carry, but I love my Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts. I’ve got an IWB that hides a double stack nine pretty easily.

Take a look a Sneaky Pete holsters. It’s like open carry but concealed. One drawback is that they are very gun specific. I already have a phone, Leatherman and a Gerber knife on my belt so one more item is not a big deal. Never questioned what it is holding. With a little practice you can draw fairly quickly with one hand. I either carry a Sig 365 or the Springfield Hellcat.

4 Likes

Hi!

Any suggestions for a woman (higher hips, less space between top of hip and ribs) to carry concealed?

What material or company has slender, light and flexible yet strong enough to remain open to slide your gun back in fast and easy?

I’m thinking leather of Kyrex?

Thank you for any advice!

I have an Urban Carry IWB holster. It tucks down into the pant leg, pulls up for quick access. Urban Carry has a number of videos for their products, and you get the properly sized holster for what your EDC is and how you draw (right or left). Once broken in, I find wearing is very comfortable.

Thank you for the recommendation i (sneaky pete website) went to the site an was shocked to find a holster i like! I am placing the order this evening i was amazed to find a holster in that style that fits my pistols!!! I normally 98% of the time cary my Springfield .40 sub-compact but occasionally carry my S&W M&p .9 which they have for both!

@heather16 i found. From an poster earlier in the thread about a site i checked out and found what i hope turns out working for me is Sneaky Pete holsters but my wife likes this site : Concealed Carry Holsters for Women

You’re welcome. I got the one that says Power Pack so I can say it is the battery for my pacemaker.

@Jerzees i get what you are saying BUT when you conceal a weapon for 12-14 hours a day i wanna be comfortable AND comforted i work for a tree company and dont have the cush (sit behind a desk job) not meaning any disrespect if you fall in that category wtg for you!!! I can only tolerate 5-6 hours of IWC no matter the position so hopefuy this will ease your stance on ( A gun is not supposed to be comfortable but comforting) because there are some professions this does not apply to… IMO

1 Like

If you find really good holster - you will be OK, you can even sleep with it :wink:
In my case I used “Tucker Gun Leather Deep Carry DC-1 IWB Configured” holster.
I set it up as posted and it’s so comfortable. My handgun has 3.6" barrel, so perhaps this make it easy to use high on the belt. The holster is really wide so doesn’t put a lot of pressure against my body.

1 Like

There are quite a few ladies on here that I am sure will respond. you may also want to search the forum here for concealed carry specifically for females.

I can only say I have seen everything from holster bras to yoga pants with built in concealment for ladies.

@Dawn might be able to help as well.

1 Like

For me, I go with what I have trained with for over 25 years as a LEO. OWB pancake at 3:30. I spent 90% of my career in an investigative unit and this is how I learned, trained and had to use in two OIS’s. I tried AIWB for about two minutes before I threw that holster into the holster box of shame.

2 Likes

Thank you, Michael!

I checked out both sights, looks good😁

Thank you, Martin!

Might be a good resource for you.

1 Like