Mobile site down

I think that’s @Jerzees 's hand :rofl:

4 Likes

Nope… I think it’s my foot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@45IPAC Hey Chet How are you doing? I had VPN trouble last week but since resolved but was for different and unrelated software compatibility.

2 Likes

I have to use VPN to access the Community on AT&T, but only in my phone.

1 Like

Well honestly I have it in my ‘Settings’ I have been a Verizon customer since it was World Communication or whatever it was called back then so I’m with Verizon over 20 years now. I am not a techno wizard you’re going laugh I thought it meant Verizon Personal Network or some such :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::upside_down_face:
I’m learning a little between my Comcast and Verizon.

1 Like

For the time being I’m able to connect and post again. Hopefully it lasts this time! It’s gotta be AT&T.

1 Like

I am still not able to

A VPN has helped a couple users above, have you given that a go? A VPN effectively bypasses any restrictions that AT&T may put in place on their cell network.

1 Like

Yes no problem with a vpn or wireless network. Just cellular not working.

Isn’t technology wonderful - when it works…

I’ve sent this thread to our Tech Team here and asked them to take a peak. I know a few others have had issues logging in and such - but there doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to the issues.

Please be as detailed as you can about the situation. If you don’t want to post it here, please email us at support@uscca.com

Thanks for your patience and sharing the info! We can’t fix it if we don’t know about it so I appreciate all of the information you’re sharing!

2 Likes

I dont have AT&T to test with, but it sounds like they’re blocking something at their network level (locally? nationally?).

I’m guessing…
Either DNS isn’t resolving. When switching networks DHCP will usually also change the DNS provider. At home DNS comes from your wifi router which comes from your upstream provider (Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, etc). When you switch to cellular, your DNS provider is set from the cell provider now. Even if both home & cell are AT&T they may use different DNS servers for each service.

To test this theory, maybe try manually setting DNS to OpenDNS, Google, or Cloudflare.

OR…
They are blackholing the content itself. Maybe it matches some filter (because firearms?). If this is a shared IP or domain (i doubt shared hosting :grimacing: ) maybe one of the other services is blacklisted and this site is just caught in the crossfire. I don’t quite see a way around this other than asking AT&T to whitelist the IP/Domain if you can confirm this is the case.

1 Like

I would agree, except, my iPad works on AT&T. My iPhone doesn’t.

2 Likes

Interesting. Same OS version?

1 Like

No. iPhone is IOS 13.3. iPad is version 12.2.

1 Like

IL, AT&T Cellular, Android 9 and Android 10 - USCCA Community is not responding… :cry:
I use VPN to my home and all is OK.

AT&T is too big to handle this. I spoke with tech support, different levels - they are not able to find out what is going on. Looks they don’t care about single person complain.

Hopefully USCCA Tech Team has more power to deal with AT&T.

2 Likes

Ok so on AT&T I cannot connect to this site. Hughesnet seems to be fixed and I can connect with that now. It’s slow as molasses, Hughesnet sucks, but it works.

2 Likes

Interesting that the Community is getting affected by AT&T. Are you all having issues getting to the USCCA website on AT&T?

1 Like

No issues getting to the web site, just the community portion of the website.

This is getting weirder and weirder… :thinking:

@Dawn, are you able to push IT/tech team to take care of it?

It is not weird that USCCA web site works and Community doesn’t because these services are located in two different places.
(my guess: USCCA website - IL, Community - CA) :sunglasses: