Mobile site down

Did the USCCA Forum website recently change the host IP Address of your domain? Change servers?

Also… are people having issues using an old bookmark on their mobile browsers? If you google the USCCA forum and go to that link, does it still give you the same problem?

1 Like

For the record, I have zero issues with the main USCCA site or the app when using AT&T mobile data. It’s entirely the community portion. Right now I’m using wifi as a workaround. Unfortunately wifi isn’t everywhere in rural areas, nor is it entirely reliable.

1 Like

I’ve been talking to the Tech Guru’s here and at the community platform people. This is an AT&T issue :frowning: It’s happening to other communities as well. We’re not sure what is causing it, but we will continue to dive into it and see how we can resolve it.

Can you all get to the Community over wifi?

2 Likes

I can over WIFI, and using a VPN.

1 Like

Although a lot of this tech stuff is gobbledygook to me, there are some AT&T forum complaints by small businesses related to DNS Cache and AAAA records (some related to mobile) after these businesses changed server domains. I think the translation of some of the posts suggested that the old IP address was being cached by the network (or sometimes not changed on the new server; sometimes related to mobile networks) and causing issues with websites being inaccessible after changing domains.

I don’t know if this is something that the IT guys are familiar with or if I’m just way off on my reading of the complaints on the forums.

1 Like

@Dawn I have at&t mobile. When I am away from my home wifi and in a 5G area I cannot log into this site. As soon as I move back to a 4G area I can readily log in.
Not sure if that helps.

@Dawn
Any update? We are still down over AT&T Cellular network.

I am. Still using a VPN.

It’s an AT&T thing that we’re trying to figure out how to work with them. :frowning: Unfortunately, it’s not just us being affected - there are a lot of other communities being affected as well.

3 Likes

@Dawn, thx for update.
Hopefully there’s at least 1 smart AT&T tech who knows how to fix it :slightly_smiling_face:

Chances are there are several techs that know how to fix it. I am willing to bet it is getting around the corporate policy so they don’t get fired that is the problem.

I go to https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/ and then saved it as a link on my mobile device (Android) home screen. When launching from the new icon it opens like it’s an app. … It is not a specific mobile app, it’s a mobile formatted website.

1 Like

This is exactly what I have been doing for last few months.
It does not matter how Community Forum is opened… It always ends with the same issue.

1 Like

I’m able to connect

My setup is:
At&t cellular 5g: works
WiFi at work: blocked
WiFi at work with my home vpn: works :grinning:
Android 10
Samsung Galaxy S9
Google Chrome browser

I also changed my device dns to Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 vs my isp or att dns as sometimes content blocking can occur at that level as well. If you prefer not to use Google you can try Cloudfare at 1.1.1.1 (there’s lots of info on the I ternet and YouTube on how to do this)

Im in central Ohio. I wonder if at&t is content blocking based on region? I’ve not heard of them doing it but it shouldn’t be ruled out.

In any case, what have you tried, not tried, and from what network.

Site is up on AT&T in Missouri now.

:v: Yeah… It works fine in IL as well. No network settings changes necessary.

1 Like

Mine seems to work on AT&T now as well.

1 Like

@USCCA Not sure where to post this but this seemed like an OK fit.

Anyone else having issues logging in from the USCCA website on their mobile phone?

Looks like they changed things a bit. When I push the menu tab I have to scroll way down to see the log in button on my screen. It is barely visible unless I flip the phone several times. Then I still can’t push the button, maybe because the chat box overlaps with it.

I had to access the site be clicking on an old email notification from an old topic that I happened to not delete.

I have an iPhone SE 2020 and I’m trying to access through safari.

Yeah, indeed the “Log In” button is in unfortunate place… in my case (Android 11) it is easily accessible by scrolling down a little, but is half covered by “Chat Now” button… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

But at least it works for you? Mine won’t work at all.

And I understand wanting to appeal to potential new members but that doesn’t mean they need to shove us old members down to the bottom;). Not to mention new members not being able to join the community easily.