Mobile site down

I just posted something on another topic with my phone (chrome browser).

Iā€™ve tried multiple browsers, I believe @Dawn has her people on it. But until itā€™s fixed I wonā€™t be able to post, Iā€™m off work in a few and can only post with work wifi currently.

1 Like

Just a noteā€¦ Posted this using mobile internet (T Mobile).

Iā€™d suggest to call local AT&T tech support, they should have better idea whatā€™s going on.
I wouldnā€™t blame USCCA or their server for this issue.
(sent from mobile, AT&T, IL, Android)

It seems to be working now, albeit a little glitchy. Iā€™m guessing some servers between here and there went down.

Still not working without WI-FI here in MO

I am joking (I think)

Its the anti gun hackers!

1 Like

Well, most tech companies arenā€™t exactly 2A friendly.

1 Like

:wink: My IS 2A Very Friendly :wink:ā€¦ but Iā€™m too small to be noticed :pensive:

1 Like

Well, launch a nationwide cell phone service, and Iā€™ll be a customer. :+1:

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ good idea :slightly_smiling_face: and this would be free phone for every Customer with valid USCCA membership :wink:

1 Like

Gives ā€œshoot me a textā€ a whole new meaning.

3 Likes

Seems to be working, for now.

Still no joy for me.

This is just strange. I wonder if it has anything to do with AT&Tā€¦ ?

@Jerzees - how many people would you flag answering your phone if you had a phone like that. And while I like her nails, her grip is atrocious. (Is she using her middle finger on the trigger??? :woman_facepalming:)

1 Like

Puts web developer hat on
What is the exact error message that shows in the browser window?

Puts tin foil hat on top of web developer hat
Is it possible that AT&T is doing some sort of filtering/blocking at their network level? That would explain why it only happens when on cell vs on wifi.

Or maybe parental controls? Those can be enabled either on the phone or at the account (or maybe AT&T itself). Because itā€™s firearms, maybe thats considered taboo content.

Adjusting my tinfoil hat
Just about all of the issues people have had logging into the Community and when our internet went down in officer were AT&T related.

When Iā€™m in the hospital with a friend for their radiation treatment, I can get to most websites but not the USCCA Community or websiteā€¦

Annnddd, now it doesnā€™t. But my iPad does. :man_shrugging:

Those on AT&T with issuesā€¦ Are you able/know how to use a VPN?

Steps:

• Connect to AT&T cell service
  • Confirm USCCA website doesnā€™t work
  • Activate VPN
  • Confirm USCCA website does/doesnā€™t work

If it WORKS with a VPN, then definitely AT&T is blocking the site likely either by DNS, or black-holing requests. If itā€™s DNS, you can maybe get around it by setting DNS servers manually on your device (it usually auto-gets DNS from your upstream internet, in this case AT&T). You could use Google DNS, Cloudflare DNS, OpenDNS, lots of options there.

If they are black-holing requests, there isnā€™t much of an alternative other than a VPN or just accept you canā€™t get there while on AT&T cell coverage.

1 Like

Well, I downloaded a free VPN called Windscribe. Now it works. Looks like AT&T is sticking it to us.

1 Like