Mischief Machine

I bought a Sig P365xl, the 1st polymer striker/firearm I ever owned and the last. I wanted to kill two birds with one stone by purchasing a polymer striker/firearm and a red dot to test if I liked either. I am starting to enjoy the Red Dot with my old eyes and getting better at finding the green dot. I am old school type guy, and iron sights are my go-to. My EDC is DA/SA and 1911, all steel. The trigger on the P365xl is, umm, ok. I guess??? The only complaint is the sig polymer frame is not for me. I used some google-fu; I found two shops making aluminum grip modules for the sig p365xl Icarus Precision and Mischief Machine. I went with Mischief Machine, and I have not tested it on the range yet, but it feels so much better in my hands, and the weight/balance feels right. Pretty excited to test fire it.

11 Likes

If you try a few other striker-fired handguns you will realize how nice your Sig is. Moving from a 1911 to a micro is bound to give you issues with weight and balance. Glad you found a workable solution.

7 Likes

I’m a 1911 fan but I had to do that as well with my P320… I love the feel!!

3 Likes

very very nice!!!

1 Like

Sounds like progress. I’d try to separate “like” from “works.” I love all of my tupperware ones.

2 Likes

@Buddha-In-The-Sun Looks really sharp with the upgrade, I’m sure you’ll enjoy that sig.

2 Likes

@Adam34 your sig looks great. Did you upgrade the trigger as well? Trigger looks different than from my P320.

Nope, stock trigger.

1 Like

I agree! That’s what I was looking for!I just received my module a couple weeks ago and have not been to the range either. I was a little disappointed in the color difference, the slide is a normal stainless color and the frame is a titanium cerakote. But overall I’m happy, can’t wait to go try it out!

1 Like

I ordered this FCU separately to use up some spare 320 parts I had. It came standard with a gold skeletonized trigger, I knew I wanted to do this setup and didn’t want gold. So I ordered the black one in the same trigger and changed it out, I hope to try it out soon!

1 Like

5 meters-- one hand, offhand and both hand

6 Likes

I’m old school too, I like a steal frame hammer. Though I do have a cpl striker fired but there is just something I like about having the hammer

3 Likes

I believe we just got ourselves a new “hot topic”, or not so new, but not discussed much, here and here.

try a walther for a good trigger!

1 Like

I recently bought the Canik Mete because of the good reviews and I wanted a red dot. Mounting the red dot has been a ROYAL pain in the ass. After a lot of frustration I compared the site mounting screws for the site to the mounting plate. One was shorter than the other. Because of this I haven’t shot it yet. Biting at the bit to get it out to shoot.

Sadly, triggers in the newer models don’t match up to the PPQ and its peers.

1 Like

:sob: figures

@ Buddha-In-The-Sun I’m curious what you dont like about the polymer frame? Is it just the feel? The weight?

My biggest issue is the flex in the grip module. IT’S MUSHY when I hold the grip tight and throws me off on my follow-up shots- if that makes sense. Also, it was too light for me; I like a little heavier tool. I know folks buying the Willson Tungsten grips weights kits. I will never purchase anything polymer-Not my cup of tea.

1 Like

That is nice! A must have for my new p365x!!! My 1st and only upgrade so far has been the Mcarbo p365 machined flat blade trigger and spring kit. Drops the pull to 4.26 lbs

3 Likes