Minneapolis-riots

Nah, I’m just a big Scandahoovian. And Minnesota is loaded with people of Viking descent.
I’ve been called worse. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minneapolis-police-protests/minneapolis-city-council-pledges-to-disband-police-trump-lashes-out-at-nfl-idUSKBN23F0L1

“A veto-proof majority of the MPLS City Council just publicly agreed that the Minneapolis Police Department is not reformable and that we’re going to end the current policing system,” Alondra Cano, a member of the Minneapolis council, said on Twitter.

I have family in Minneapolis, and my only advice to them right now is to move away.

8 Likes

Not Minneapolis related… but relevant.

https://twitter.com/volalupi/status/1269851903396999168

1 Like

How long do you think it will take for somebody to suggest the Sharia law be implemented in some communities? Religious Police anyone?

2 Likes

Ooh… that’s a valid question. There are already plenty of religious communities that follow their own community laws (Sharia isn’t the only one). I suppose it’s possible that in order to reduce the police footprint, some cities may ask communities to police themselves.

That sounds like a horrible idea and I can’t really see that as a possibility, but I couldn’t have imagined a lot of things that have already happened in 2020, so who knows. :man_shrugging:

New gun sales are apparently through the roof for the second time this year, though. It seems like a lot of people are taking personal defense seriously, and I think that’s a good thing. It’ll be interesting to see if USCCA’s membership shows corresponding growth.

2 Likes

The pros:

• drug-related crime reduced, you know what the punishment for drugs is
  • property crime reduced, you know what the punishment for theft is
  • no riots, under Submission
    Business can resume, normal life can resume for people. Looks better than life under current city leadership and PD.
1 Like

Just wait for that thing called “The October Surprise” I can’t imagine what they have in store for Trump to overcome!

4 Likes

I can’t imagine what sort of October Surprise could come along. We’ve already endured a pandemic, lockdowns, riots, and curfews. Both the current POTUS and his challenger are known entities; we’ve been following these two for years. And Mr. Trump’s Twitter account is basically a stream-of-consciousness narrative, so I think we all know who he is.

Any real attempts to change votes late in the game will probably come from a massive advertising campaign, a la Bloomberg.

3 Likes

^^^^ this right here

2 Likes

Thank you, safety first and foremost all the time!

1 Like

I hate the title of that article and those guys were shown as hero’s from our local detroit news. That said, even though the riots are somewhat behind us. I think that is just the start of what’s coming. I pray I am wrong.

4 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts and have a good day, sir.

Here’s a different take on the 2nd Amendment, a true story of a family trapped away from their home, during the 1992 Rodney King verdict riots in LA. Given recent spikes in attacks on Jews, it’s extremely relevant: http://www.seraphicpress.com/jew-without-a-gun/

3 Likes

@Gary35 Thank you for posting, a riveting story and timeless information, reinforcing the need to be prepared and you can only count on yourself and your family to get out of trouble.
I think you should post this in it’s own thread. :us:

Thanks. I just did, under “Misc.”

1 Like