Different perspective on the 2nd Amendment

Harrowing true story that is relevant today, in light of last summer’s riots and this year’s spate of antisemitic attacks: http://www.seraphicpress.com/jew-without-a-gun/

8 Likes

I enjoyed the read. Lots to think about.

3 Likes

@Gary35, thank you for sharing this link. Amazing story. I lament that we still haven’t learned.

How many times will we suffer through the brutality of the mob before we do? Will we ever?

4 Likes

I remember being transfixed watching the Koreans defending their block of businesses for a few hours. I remember watching Reginald Denny getting abused and the perp being released. And I remember the police leaving the populace to defend themselves. As they say a home invasion lasts 5 to six minutes. Police response takes closet to ten. We my friends are on our own in times of real crisis. And the riots last summer were a lot more like the ones in LA than we like to think. When I saw the Marches and riots last summer I was taken back to Watts and ten to Rodney King. They all turn out the same.

5 Likes

Good points. Last summer’s riots in 40 cities made me think of the “Purge” movies. Pretty scary to see motorists pulled out of their cars, and dozens or even hundreds of looters emptying out local businesses. I always say that mob mentality equals the I.Q. of the smartest person in the mob, minus 50 points.

3 Likes

Remember 1967 Milwaukee Wisconsin Mayor Maier called in the national guard to quell the unrest. I will never forget that time.

2 Likes

When I was a kid, my dad drove us to the west side of Chicago, to see the MLK assassination rioting. Probably not the smartest decision on his part, but left an indelible impression on me, seeing looters running around with stolen TVs and the like.

4 Likes

Yeah some impressions stick with you for life.

2 Likes

I was 10 years old, living with my parents in Grafton, WI at the time. After it was over my dad drove us down to Milwaukee to see the devastation. I recall whole city blocked cleared by fire with only a few wisps of smoke still rising. I have never forgotten what it looked like and what is smelled like.

2 Likes

Now that I’m an adult I can not understand why anyone in their right mind would tolerate it. The folks that allow these things should be held just as accountable as the scum doing it

1 Like

14 minutes

2 Likes

I had read something like that before. 11 minutes seems to be the reported “national “ average. The main point to I think is we are on our own in many cases and the criminals know it.

More importantly,I believe, is after Covid and the defund police movement I bet response time is even worse.

3 Likes

or even IF they will respond!!! I heard that someone called 9-1-1 and told them that he was suicidal. The Police knocked on the door then left a note to please get ahold of a family member or a councilor. He was found dead at a later date. They did respond!

2 Likes

An interesting read, and some good advice as well.

I remember the the '67 riots in Detroit. We were safe enough in the outer suburbs south of the city, but it was still a frightening time that left its mark.

1 Like