Colorado: Broomfield Passes Anti-Gun Ordinances

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/colorado-broomfield-passes-anti-gun-ordinances/?ct=t(RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN)#axzz7qNafwJxN

3 Likes

“Ord. 2191 requires all firearm dealers in Broomfield to post anti-gun propaganda at their places of business and offer information to customers, among other things, on how to file “red flag” orders to strip others of Second Amendment rights.”

This one really is a bit confusing, and I can see dealers pushing back on it. Why would a firearms dealer post “anti-gun” propaganda? This seems a clear violation of the First and Eighth Amendment.

7 Likes

Guess I’m getting cynical and old. But it seems these days it’s only a violation after courts decide it is. Leftists don’t give a sh1t otherwise.

6 Likes

Sure but here’s the deal. When I walk into my LGS I’m usually looking for something specific, ammo, supplies, the new stuff in the case.
If I see a call 1-800 RED-FLAG poster hanging around it means little to me. Just like walking into a liquor store and seeing a “Problem Drinking” poster, doesn’t change what I may choose to purchase.
What I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH is

Laws and ordinances forcing the LGS to do anything is offensive.

7 Likes

If the signs encourage people to be to be more responsibly armed and less irresponsibly armed I am all for it.

Okay, you got me. At the risk of sounding like a simpleton; I’m a bit confused; please state the message you intend for me to receive clearer. Thanks in advance.

If anybody is not a simpleton it is you. I don’t know what the wording of the ordinance is but if it is favor of or encourages people to be more responsibly armed I’m for it. I look at it as what will save more lives than an infringement of rights.

Ok, come, let us reason together, lol.

Would it be better to post signage which says, “You must be of legal age to purchase a firearm?” Or, to post signage which says, “City Ordinance #… requires, If you see someone acting strange, call 1-800-RED-FLAG, IMMEDIATELY, to protect your gun rights?”

4 Likes

As a resident of Colorado (the red part, not the blue part) I am not surprised by this, given that Broomfield is geographically located very near Boulder (or as we refer to it, 12 square miles surrounded by reality). Given the political leanings of the majority of my state, this should be stricken down in court in very short order, but unfortunately not quickly enough to help the small business owners in Broomfield being affected.

4 Likes

Would it be better to post signage which says, “You must be of legal age to purchase a firearm?” Or, to post signage which says, “City Ordinance #… requires, If you see someone acting strange, call 1-800-RED-FLAG,

I must have got it wrong I thought that was on the lines of what the signage would say.
I would love to see a sign that said

GUNS ARE FOR SAVING LIVES NOT TAKING THEM

1 Like

I’ll give you a moment to consider the sportsman’s legal right to take game or to indulge in sporting activities and the quantification of thought you’ve just proposed. I’ll wait.

2 Likes

I am unaware of any Constitutional right to sport.

1 Like

Ask Dick Cheney🤣

4 Likes

endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Life - Gotta Eat
Liberty - Have my Belongings
Happiness - I smile when I make a good shot

4 Likes

If you are referring to the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution you are correct. You will not find it in the text, nor in the doctrinal narrative, even though there is much support and many, many arguments that tries to align hunting and sport with the 2A, it is not there. No, you will, however, find hunters rights lodged in your states constitutional laws, which is where they should be. I hope this helps you a little.

4 Likes

Exactly. The anti-gun folks continue to argue that the 2nd Amendment is only there to protect game hunting and shooting sports. Let’s not give them a single inch on that argument, even when it’s convenient for hunters and shooting sports.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Suffer it to be so now, or risk taking two to the face! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Oh, I see, you were jousting with me, ok I get it. Nevertheless, all of the political talk about 2A, hunting or sportsmanship in the same breath or proximity is sheer political banter. They’re parroting something a speechwriter has given them and thinking that you, the hearer is sleep and not up on the differences of US Constitution, Federal Law and State Constitution and states’ law. And a lot of them lie all the time. Claiming they had been hunters since childhood but when you check their background you find one time as a child and one time as an adult for a photo op. They do it all the time. And we get suckered into voting for them… well, at least some of us. But that’s not the point of this thread so I’ll chill out now.

3 Likes

Yeah, it seems like every politician has a studio-quality picture of him standing in a nice looking field, wearing brand new hunting clothes and holding a shiny shotgun that looks to never have been fired.

It’s right up there with the photo of their family, looking so happy and perfect you’d swear they were all paid actors. :laughing:

2 Likes

Mike, part of my annual expense is the renewal of my hunting license. But why? I rarely do so… but it’s for that very reason you’ve just stated. I am a meat eater. Like many of you, my dad taught me how to hunt and kill. The military and others did the rest. Though I never to needed to do so in my adolescent and adult life due to common conveniences and city life. But here’s the deal, when I get hungry, I can still take my 2A “in common use” gun (my AR-15 or .300 Blk, etc., and go get me something to eat so that I can live! Opposed to paying 40 bucks at a store for just a piece, or it is not available at all. I can have the whole ham, or venison, or beef, or foul, and depending on the circumstances, Moose or Bear. So I can take my 2A “in common use” gun to use in the application of my inalienable right that has been endowed by my Creator, the right to Life…" And in order to live, I must eat…and I prefer “meat.” That’s my story…think I’ll be sticking to it. Furthermore, what’s 11 bucks?

3 Likes