Militia “Rise of the Moors” Cause Nine-Hour MA Standoff

Ask a Muslim what the koran tells them to call an unbeliever. Then ask them what the koran tells muslims to do to the infidels.

4 Likes

I also believe, protesting or whatever, if you break the law, you should suffer the consequences.

4 Likes

It’s been awhile since I read the Bible but pretty sure I remember more than a few directions there on how to deal with unbelievers. If I had stoped reading at Deuteronomy I would have a very warped perspective of what Christianity is about.

Most organized Religions get used as powerful motivational tools by people with agendas. Like the tools we discuss here most often they can be utilized for good or evil but that doesn’t necessarily make the tool good or evil.

2 Likes

@Shamrock

I don’t want to talk about religion but couldn’t resist pointing out that Deuteronomy does not necessarily apply to Christianity.

2 Likes

Point taken;) But those are the words of God from the perspective of a Christian. Which is why I think it is important to not draw broad conclusions about groups of people and their beliefs based on limited bits of information.

2 Likes

I find that every book in the Bible apply to Christin’s/ Christianity today as well as it did when it was written. If nothing else the book of Deuteronomy teach of how God will fight for believers, His protection and love, and even how He stands on His word. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

I have not seen mass killings by Christians in the US in a while. The muslims still preach it, and do it. Jesus was not much of a “convert or die” kinda guy.

Of course, not all religion is good or bad, but if you read up on what the muslim’s believe, it is pretty clear.

2 Likes

A lot of things are not what they appear on face. For example, people who are not smart or caught in the heat of the moment, or fanatical, can be exploited by agent provocateurs. @Lu-Can

3 Likes

I’ll be blunt, and I alluded to this earlier: My opinion as to why this hit the radar of this site is because the people involved were people of color or people believed to be non-Christian. That is the subtext of several comments here. There is still a substantial percentage of Americans who hold racist beliefs. It’s an uncomfortable truth for many. It’s the elephant in the room.

Thank you for asking the question.

1 Like

I can’t say if the Muslim faith is inherently violent because I have not studied it close enough. One thing I have read is that Muslims view Jesus as a prophet so they must respect at least some of his teachings? I suspect the majority of its teachings are less violent than many of its followers are led to believe. There has been enough blood spilled in the name of most of the major religions throughout history to get us to the mess we are in today. Unfortunately people will continue to use those centuries of hate and anger to motivate the masses for their own personal gain. I would like to see that cycle stopped.

But I think we are veering too far off topic here @Fred_G . Like I said earlier I have not seen much if any evidence that religion is the prime motivating factor for this group.

2 Likes

You are being super-brave. Yes, call them like you see them!
I think you misunderstood @Lu-Can 's question BTW.

2 Likes

I think it is very important to realize that we all have built in subconscious biases based on race, religion and various other factors. We evolved as a clannish/tribal species. There have been conflicts throughout history based on differences so subtle we wouldn’t recognize them today.

Like it or not stereotypes exist. Some of those stereotypes are based on past experiences that are no longer valid. Some may be based on continuing trends which deserve some recognition. I think it is important to recognize that these biases exist. Without that consideration we can’t be sure we are judging individuals and groups by their actions instead of our preconceived and prejudged biases.

3 Likes

Looking at London’s radical makeover, I don’t need to be a “racist” to give an honest assessment of what went wrong there.
My fear is it’s not remotely possible it could happen here.

3 Likes

Right, right. Should the armed Moor gang be released, with apologies, because they were unfairly stereotyped as armed militants up to no good?

2 Likes

Well, take a look at Mohamed and his history, and then look at Islam, which he founded. You cannot call it solely a religion as that is just one aspect; it is also a lifestyle, and a form of governmental control that dictates civil and criminal law.

3 Likes

I don’t believe I said or implied that anywhere in this conversation. I’m just saying we should judge this group on its actions and beliefs without attaching judgements based on other groups that may or may not have similar beliefs and goals. Kinda like not judging the 100k Trump supporters in DC on January 6th based on the actions of the several hundred who stormed the Capital.

2 Likes

I agree that in Muslim dominated countries religion, law, and statehood are far more intertwined @Dave17. Though much the same could be said for Christian countries in the not too distant past and with similarly violent results in more than a few cases.

1 Like

Kinda like that, but in reverse. Rise of the Moors are a known criminal entity, and even far-left SPLC labels them as extremists. This particular group of Moors violated specific Mass. laws, and their rightful place is behind bars. They violated the law with their actions, not with their beliefs or color of their skin. This conversation, unfortunately, has been diverted by one person toward blaming and false guilt. This type of thinking is malignant, and gave us Parkland, Fort Hood and San Bernardino massacres.

2 Likes

I have not tried to assess blame or guilt. I have just seen some comments that appear to me to be trying connect the religious beliefs of other groups to the actions of this group. Perhaps religion is a motivating factor for these people but I haven’t seen any evidence of that to this point.

2 Likes

Yes, that does get tossed around a lot, however, it was mostly used as an excuse, not a valid Christian belief based on the Bible, especially not the New Testament. Some of the brutality of the Europeans was based on their having to fight against hundreds of years of invasions by Islamic empires, 700+ years on the Iberian peninsula alone. Under Islamic law non-believers are killed, made slaves, or become second-class citizens. They were brutal to those that were not Islam. Should the Europeans just given them tea and crumpets and asked them nicely to leave?

Islam has not had the transformation that Christianity has had. Europeans have over 1,200 years of attacks by Islamic caliphates, etc. Our nascent country had to deal with the Barbery Coast Caliphates that attacked shipping of all nations and enslaved those that were captured. Jefferson did not stop the attacks and slavery by paying tributes as they demanded.

3 Likes