Mental Training, are you ready for what MIGHT come.

Mental Training, are you ready for what MIGHT come after a critical incident. I am going to come out and say it, it is NOT easy. I have PTSD from all of the “fun” I had as a cop. I did Tac Ops, Detective and everything in between. I have had guns pointed at me, had to make the decision to shoot or not, and I made those decisions. I have had to make decisions to arrest or not when someone raped a child or someone in a nursing home. I have had to make many critical over the years. In the end, ALL of the consequences of those decisions add up.

For the average person here at USCCA, you will never have to deal with most of these issues, thankfully. Still any traumatic incident will stay with you for a very long time, maybe years. This is what I will say about it. Should you be forced to defend yourself or family take care of yourself and family first. Consult an attorney, and then take care or yourself!

In police work, and I would extend that to the world we all live in here, as civilians we tend to not want to rely upon help from others because it can often be looked upon as weak. It is NOT! If you are forced to defend yourself or others, as soon as the dust settles seek a couselor that can help you work through what you have just experienced. There is nothing wrong with needing help in processing what you just went through.

The things I have been through took their toll upon me, but with help from others I was able to move on. Do NOT let ego get in the way of pushing forward. I pray that none of us need to be pressed into a situation where we may need to defend oursleves or someone else, but we all CHOOSE to prepare for that if it occurs. If so, CHOOSE to do what it will take to recover from that traumatic experience.

Scott

17 Likes

I will never forget the advice of my first CCW instructor.
If you’re involved in an incident where you had to shoot to defend yourself or a loved one,
there’s something wrong with you if you didn’t feel bad about it.

16 Likes

That instructor was a very wise person! Thanks for the reply and input!

8 Likes

When it happens so many times before your eyes, you become immune to it.

Move forward and leave it behind you (Adjust and Adapt).

That’s what I did.

8 Likes

Sorry, I am saying everyone is built and wired differently. Some of us CAN just carry on, and some of us may need help dealing with things of this nature. Once again, there is nothing wrong, at least in MY eyes, in asking for help. Just my personal thoughts!

8 Likes

Nothing wrong to seek help. Agree :100:.

Long time ago I taught myself to be independent, didn’t have a choice. Its just me.

7 Likes

Nah man, I get that! I was the same way too, until I realized ■■■■ was catching up to me quicker than I could handle it on my own. I am not saying anything you said is wrong, as long as you can get away with it.

7 Likes

Both Scott and Jesse you are Warriors! (I mean that)
God Bless all who serve in any capacity of Protection.
Getting help is not a weakness
Not needing help is not an issue either
“Whatever works for you”.

My belief is SURVIVAL FIRST.
You need to be ALIVE!
for the process of life to continue
Be that a battle in the courts or in your mind.
Been there done that and got a couple of tee shirts.
If you get dead, all your Worldly troubles are over.
When I got severely wounded I had a hassle w/ doctor’s preventing me from getting adequate
Pain med’s. They said they were too strong! Big DUH!
I told them I am fully capable of handling the med’s…what I am not ready for is this INSANE pain and (13) operations to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. If I become addicted, that’s on me.
But to treat me like a wounded animal suffering the worst pains imaginable you just better give me a surrette of air!
I got off the Juice by MYSELF, Morphine (Multiple x’s a day, to Oxy (8) x’s a day) to Hydro’s (10) x’s a day
to ADVIL! to Nothing.
I have PTSD/Anxiety—I take NOTHING for it. Sometimes life is good sometimes it’s a nightmare.
But it’s MY Choice, body, LIFE!

We do what we have to do.
God Bless you all.
If you newbie’s have a shoot, and you survive, Listen to your Families, doctor’s , attorneys
BUT STAY ALIVE FIRST. Then call your USCCA REP, Then 911, request to go to the hospital (physically injured or not, (discussed here recently in another thread) get your mind right, The adrenaline dump is awful. Cops get (48) hours to chill and be with their PBA rep before questioning. Get as much time as you can for yourself. Let your mouth piece run BLOCKER for you. we should just be quiet and say what the lawyer tells us to say and when to say it.
Win the Fight, all the rest will take care of itself.
TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN, develop Muscle memory, become one with your firearm.

Mi dos pesos
adonde nosotros vamos uno nosotros ir todo!!!
Nessun passo sul serpente

13 Likes

Sometimes you have to learn how to forget and shift your focus somewhere else more important. Your brain capacity is unlimited, trust yourself brother.

Trust me I feel your pain.

11 Likes

Waffle House :wink:

4 Likes

I am sorry you went through that, but glad you are clean now! God bless you my brother in arms!

9 Likes

I quit the NRA and became a Lifetime member of the W-House ! and i don’t mean the Pudding residence! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: House of Pudding! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that doesn’t relieve anxiety It makes it worse! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:wphew! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Oh, I kill me! thanks K

8 Likes

Back at you Brother!
I signed up for it
Volunteered
Took the oath!
It’s all good!
We just have a tensey weensy problem ahead of us now (10) MILLION of these little bast**ds.

8 Likes

Sh** Karacal you had to mention the ‘W’ word!

Now I’m hungry!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm Waffles! :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat:

Edited by poster I said M word when I meant ‘W’ word! I get dyslexic when STARVING!

8 Likes

7 Likes

OK, that’s Just Gross! :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

You can’t put syrup on chicken! That’s ‘cluckin’ nutz!" (I thought that was phunnie!)

5 Likes

You are definitely right sir. If anyone is losing their shizzt. Definitely talk them down myself I go to don102. And johnn60 SIR HE IS A PREACHER AND AN INSTRUCTOR FOR THE USCCA AND A RETIRED NY. Detective . And he prays for anyone who wants them or needs them as my Debbie ann and my self when I get upside down sir. . So I believe that every single member should have a person in the community to turn to and support them as I do I have special training and it can only get me in trouble. . SO I JUST AM BACK AT THE BASICS TO LEAVE OUT. I truly try to help with the situation training but I am just a student for I am disabled but still moving forward sir . But thank you for your service sir and your support love Bobby Jean sir :feather::feather::us::beer::bangbang::popcorn:

4 Likes

Don102 Sir I LOVE YOU BROTHER SIR THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND SUPPORT YOU OLD GUNNER MY BROTHER FROM A DIFFERENT HOOKER. SIR. I MEAN SQUAW. Sir same same SIR LOVE Bobby Jean two feathers :feather: :feather:.SIR :us::beer::beer::popcorn::us::us::us::bangbang:

6 Likes

I love this community, and while I have never chatted with them i am sure they are more than willing to help. Still, we all share a common bond so we must ALL be willing to help each other.

11 Likes

It doesn’t mater how one gets there as long as one gets there. You guys are 2 half’s of the whole. We are all HERE for each other.

7 Likes