crime moving into new areas

yesterday , an incident in the parking lot of our local store ,close to where I was at that time, made me re-think my carry method for better speed of access. our area is usually very low crime . yesterday an attempted car -jacking ended with the unarmed victim shot in the fore-arm and suspect on the loose . I’ve always carried with one in the chamber -prepared . but now changing to a quicker easier to access carry . point here ; do not let your guard down ,get complacent . and train to be prepared

19 Likes

That’s why we always train and observe what can be done better or faster. Every single day can bring something new that will change our daily routine.

10 Likes

Brother Leroy,

Always TRAIN like your life depends on it
Because is surely does (don’t call me Shirley)
Buying a Gun is the easy part (kind of)

You are doing good Brother, BRAVO! :vulcan_salute:(Virtual Salute)

10 Likes

Great Reminder @Leroy. I live in a high crime area. We also Have To be ready to react run/fight what ever. It really can happen anywhere and it can happen really really fast.

11 Likes

@Leroy Crazy times are getting crazier, and criminals are getting more daring, braver, and more dangerous. We all have to be even MORE DOUBLE ON GUARD when we walk out the door, head on a swivel, and situational awareness everywhere.

9 Likes
5 Likes

Stay in the ‘yellow zone’, wherever you live. I am an avid power walker and am constantly checking behind me and to the sides. I have to force myself to go through the motions in a store or along a city street (where are the exits?; check the reflection in the window of a shop as you pass by-anyone approaching you?). There are millions of illegal folks in this country and no one has a clue who they are, their background or their intentions. Men out of work can become restless and violent. Any neighborhood (even gated ones) is vulnerable. In these times, staying in the ‘yellow zone’ when out and about makes good sense.

12 Likes

From where to where? No point in getting complacent. Bravo.

4 Likes

Robert 1246 YES SIR WATCH YOUR SIX,!!! Always always always SIR BROTHER . Make it home alive and . Stay alive at home . Clear your home if you just got back home if you know no one else should be home . Watching your six :six: is definitely a must sir brother Love Bobby Jean and Debbie ann SIR !! :chile::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::owl::feather::feather::100::100::100::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::beer::popcorn::popcorn::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::v:t5::brick::brick::brick:

4 Likes

That’s one that I doubt many of us do, without some indication that there is an intruder, but probably should do.

3 Likes

This day in time !! Trust but .VERFY SERIOUSLY LOVE YA BROTHER MIKE 164 SIR :chile::us::owl::feather::feather::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::100::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::popcorn::beer::brick::brick::brick::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:Bobby Jean Debbie ann we must be vigilant !!! Sir

2 Likes

I admit to not clearing my home after returning but I do a quick check on all the doors and windows to see if there are any indications that someone may have entered.

4 Likes

Shamrock . When we Leave our homes and when we come home . We are at risk of visitors. Because . When we carry . The bad guys are always watching and waiting for us to slip . And if they can clock when we leave . And figure out . Our pattern !! That we all have we are creatures of habit! We must change up our habits !! Even the ways we go do not go places the same way all the time change up our routine !!! And all ways make sure that we are not being followed!!! The pros are always trying to get their victims . Off guard. As we come home do not go straight. To disarm. We all get home and straight away put up our edc”s and then the bad guys can come out of hiding and . What did we do put up our edc. And feel safe KAZ after all we are home now and we have locked the door !! KEEP YOUR EDC ON . Till you know . Every thing is as you left it . The bad guys are . Getting more . Aggressiv. All ways make sure you see your garage door closed completely before driving away . Because if it has not closed all the way any one can just put a little block under your garage door and it goes right back up!! It’s not good to have windows in your garage door because the garage door can easily be opened just by braking one of the little windows and then they can put the release cord on the door opener even if you have removed the rope on the door opener !! And you can also smell if someone has been in your home bad guys smoke cigarettes and or wear cheap cologne or just smell like booze !! If you have a pet make sure your pet is there to greet you look for lights turned on that you . Turned off check your refrigerator because criminals are always looking for Snacks while they are waiting for unsuspecting victims . And definitely . Pay attention to a vehicle that doesn’t belong in your driveway or in front of your home. It’s the little things that matter!! If you have an extra vehicle inside your garage look in side it have cameras to your iPhone sadly we must stay vigilant check your bedroom den . Yes get used to a sweep of your home so you are not surprised when your making a tv dinner .for a criminal stay safe . And don’t think . This could not happen to any one of us !! Hackers are disabled your cameras the bad guys went to con college just for us Love Bobby Jean and Debbie ann and puppies :chile::us::heart::cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

…and I thought I was the only one to do a perimeter search of my home whenever I arrive. Glad I’m not “too” paranoid or alone.
But do you conduct a 360 search of your car. I do, especially at night, that’s what my flashlight is for. Not out at night much, but it’s still a good habit.
IMG_4453

4 Likes

TRUTH BobbyJean!

I found (5) migrants in my Refrigerator yesterday! BE CAREFUL GUNNER’S! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:They were eating my waffle’s! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

No, seriously folks, I put ‘Rebar’ in the side slots of the garage doors so the Vermin can’t get lucky with
another door opener that’s on the same frequency. Simple fix that works wonders. The Garage doors ‘Experts’ say are THE weak point of any security measures. I also have a 'Steel Fire door in between the garage and the house (not a standard Hollow door most contractor’s use). And BEST of all walking up my drive to the front door, careful to avoid the Claymores, Punji Pits and Phoo Gas pods in my Faux decorative rocks If I see my ‘Keypad’ RED (It should be Green) I activate the (2) robotic attack dogs in the closet of my spare room. That will learn 'em! The keypad is inside/in between my security door and my Steel main door in the front. But please for God’s sake! Don’t push the RED BUTTON under the plexi-glass shield cover in the Kitchen! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh! Talk about ‘That’ll leave a mark experience!’ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Buh Bye Paradise Hills! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:It’ll blow the Westside to the Sandia Mountains! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

I don’t do the underneath device sweep on the bottom of my car but I usually do a 360 to make sure none of the tires are flat and there is nothing my wife or son left under or behind it that I might run over.

I often go out at night to look at the stars and even though I live in an incredibly low crime rural neighborhood I do sweep the blind spots with my flashlight on the off chance a rabid animal or person might be hiding there.

6 Likes

Yes, dear. Milk, two dozen eggs and that Hoppes stuff you like!

7 Likes

THAT My Brother is the beauty of Handi-cap Parking (Walmart/Costco) are the main shopping destinations.
The only thing I don’t do every time is check under the car(s) The 4x4 that’s easy But the Jag/Camry are low slung and if anyone slithers under the cars these big box stores will have a new speed bump, ‘Honey, what was that?’ ba-dum-Tis! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mess with my Jag , I’ll scoop you ina bag!

WWG1WGA
No slither unda my Jag!

5 Likes

I LOVE OUR MILITARY! GOD BLESS OUR TROOPERS! (Great pic Scott)

" Charlie(6) Charlie(6) ‘static’ (3) Intruders on southwest perimeter wall, activate the Crossbow’s!"
"static’ fittttttttttttttttttt, fitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, fitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ! Thud, Thud, Thud!
Please leave the back hoe keys on the kitchen counter, I’ll get the mess cleaned up in a minute…
Charlie (1) Out! “static”… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:I Love Crossbow’s! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:silent but deadly, like my Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Don102 . SIR I was standing beside my Harley. In .1986. And I turned the key and my FUEL TANK BLEW STRAIGHT UP AND HAD I BEEN ON MY BIKE I WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD AND THE TANK WAS BLOWN APART AT THE SEEMS AND WENT OFF LIKE A ROCKET :rocket: AND THE LOCK NUTS AND THE BOLTS WERE SHEDDED AND I NEVER FOUND MY GASS CAP .!! It was cold outside and I was sitting on my azz. Tuning my as.super E carb. And even the fuel hose was gone . So every time I turn my vehicles on I just hold my breath . . But back in the Day !! I used to be . Different !! Now I have manners SIR AND I never found out what was put in my fuel tank !! I AM SO BLESSED . An it was a peanut tank a gallon an .a half tank. Happy DAY BROTHER SIR !! And it blew my carb apart sad . WANT TA. Bees . I have become A MUCH NICER PERSON SIR AROUND 19.99/2,000. SIR !!:chile::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::owl::feather::feather:

3 Likes