Agree, love my 1911 .45. :+1:

9 Likes

Agree as well… but I love my 9mm version (10+1) :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Yeah, I love all four of my 1911 .45s.

9 Likes

I love both my 9 Citadel and 45 Kimber Shot Show versions😀

4 Likes

I am not a fan of the 1911’s but that could be because I have no experience with them and just never liked the look of them. Some day I might try one and who knows I might fall in love with them.

4 Likes

Carried my fair share of the 1911 offerings over the years. 1911’s from Officer size Colt to full size and finally settled on the Commander that I carried for years and still have. With all of that being said, handgun selection for EDC is so very personal for each individual. Hell, I carry anything from the Commander down to my newest Sig 365.

Conditions, situation, location and elements all dictate what I choose. My lower back also gives me input from time to time too.

Love the 1911 platform and the .45 ACP, always have and always will.

8 Likes

I said the same thing, once……now, it is the most enjoyable pistol I’ve ever shot.:sunglasses:

7 Likes

You are kidding? How about the feel of the 1911 slide when you rack it, compared to Glock - do you not like that either?
I didn’t like the price tag on them though :laughing:

5 Likes

I really never tried neither of them. I just never liked the look of the 1911’s ( guess you can say I judged the book by it’s cover ). But like I said I might give it a try sometime, soon I hope.

4 Likes

Never shot the Prophet’s gun? Sad state of affairs. If you are ever near me, I will help you with this problem. :wink:

The 1911 is not for everyone, they do take a little more cleaning and spring maintenance, but they are hard to beat for fast and accurate shooting. Plus the calibers… .22 up to .50GI and I think some larger…

To me, when I think handgun, I think of a nice blued 1911 with wood or stag grips, or a blued revolver.

6 Likes

@Lu-Can ,
Real men shoot 1911:

A 2021-07-21 17-34-03

Badasses shoot 1911:

A 2021-07-21 17-42-09

Mother^&*#^@s shot 1911:

Ladies shoot 1911:

A 2021-07-21 17-38-40

Why don’t you?

11 Likes

Brother how do I know you was going to say that. :joy:

6 Likes

Personally, I like to shoot Glocks.
With my 1911.
Actually, I am a firm believer in embracing diversity in pistols. Not a revolver fan, but pistols–be still, my heart.
That said, there’s a reason more than 1/2 of my pistols are 1911s–9mm, .45acp and 10mm. There is nothing finer to shoot.

6 Likes

GOD and St. John Moses Browning sat down together and designed the 1911 :grin:

That being said Glocks rock too, and Gaston has earned himself a seat at the big table when he gets to heaven.

While I LOVE my 1911s and carry them fairly frequently there is no denying there are other great fighting guns out there.

3 Likes

I carried a 1911 in the military and shot one recently chambered in 22. Personally I just am not as accurate with them as I am with my Stoeger STR9. For me the ergonomics of my STR9 are perfect. I just naturally grip it better. I don’t have to think about it at all.

3 Likes

You are blessed! Kinda not fair… like the guy with 2 Harleys and those of us with None! Haha

1 Like

My 10 carry guns are all 1911s each with tritium night sights and laser dots . Only one manual of arms to train for and remembering which hip it’s on .
Chris

4 Likes

Nice, you have more carry guns than days in the week. Well done Sir!

Are they all the same caliber?

1 Like

Nope , not at all .
22LR - Colt / Walther and an old Colt Ace with a spare barrel adapted for a suppressor and a pair of Sparrow suppressors .
.380 acp- Browning Black Label Compact with an Armalaser GTOG / FLX84
.45 acp- A pair of Colt Defenders ( one ambi ) , a Colt Lightweight Commander ( ambi ) , and 3 Government models ( 1 ambi ) .
10MM - Ruger SR1911 full size .
Chris

3 Likes