Man convicted over booby trap

What this man did is illegal, and irresponsible. The Facebook comments show the ignorance of several people about self defense, vs property defense.

3 Likes

I agree with you @45IPAC …….

But the victim broke the lock of the shed door to open the door………:thinking:

But I agree with you sir…illegal and irresponsible.

3 Likes

@45IPAC @JamesR Exactly Chet, very irresponsible and unlawful.

1 Like

Well… Creepy Joe did tell Americans to buy shotguns.

191fb3613b07c9c6f8324feccccb6286c0cb204043be627eef402d8cda9c9386

2 Likes

There is a significant number of cases across the country for many decades prohibiting boobytraps. We place a much higher value on life than stuff, and rightfully so.

4 Likes

Back in my younger me days I recall hearing about a man who rigged up front door to trigger shotgun. If I recall the person lived and sued and won.

1 Like

I agree about him breaking the lock. On Facebook, the comments were appalling. People trying to justify what happened. Now, had he broken in the front door, or window, and been shot by the homeowner holding a shotgun. That would be different.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m thinking a $100 IR deer cam was the correct weapon to use.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

My Uncle had one watching is property up north that has 4G LTE built in . It then uploads the photos whenever it take one.

1 Like

@RocketPak Yup, my FIL is rabidly anti tech and he is a no sh!t for real smart guy. I installed IR deer cams up in the trees to watch the trailer at the farm and since in the country every one knows everyone. When two young lads broke in and swiped the booze the Sheriff was waiting for their drunk a$$'s when they got home. They paid to have the door fixed and replaced the booze X2.

The Game Warden on the other hand got a nasty surprise when he decided to take a trip around our property and decided to park right in the middle of my turkey killing field to take a shot at a deer. I was in my turkey killing ghile suit making like a pile of leaves, with camera’s in sight. So me being me stalked up to his truck just as he was about to shoot. “Boo” He yanked the shot deer went running and I was face to face with a very pissed off Game Warden with a .22. Sheriff showed up about 10 min later, seems the Game Warden elected to leave public service. :sunglasses:

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Yea, this guy belongs in prison.

4 Likes

A friend of mine kept having decorations smashed. She put a trail cam where nobody could see it. Turned out, it was her NEIGHBORS smashing the stuff. The neighbors had to pay for it all.

4 Likes