Man Saves Family

Miami man tells cops he killed AK-47 touting man during robbery attempt

5 Likes

@Michael7. Good morning Michael, well that man in Miami, FL was right to protect himself after having an AK47 in his face. The shooter wanted to shoot someone and he chose the wrong day wrong guy to take his aggression out on. The guy died because of his own stupid desires in my mind.

4 Likes

Hey Robert. Iā€™d say youā€™re correct on all points. The world we live in has some great people and some really bad folks. Iā€™m glad this guy was prepared and willing to defend his family and himself.

3 Likes

@Michael7 Hello Again Sir,
The only problem or potential problem I can see being used against this guy is what the reporting says if indeed accurate about ā€œHe emptied out his gun into the guyā€ if itā€™s true and not the reporterā€™s rendition I see a prosecutor bring those words in play. Why did he fire everything into the perpetrator and not stop when he was dead. That probably will come up if the case goes to court.
And yes the world has great people and also some 5 Star Dirt Bags. Happy Thanksgiving Michael

3 Likes

For sure. There is something to be said for keeping your mouth shut after a self defense encounter.

3 Likes

@Michael7 Your words bring to mind what a really good Salesman once told me. Now I was never a salesman, after the military I became a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer and Funeral Home owner, but what this guy said to me was After you pitch your product or service shut up, shut your face; the next person who talks is the buyer (meaning you either sell your product or you talk yourself out of the sale). So in relationship with police involvement we would lose and the police/prosecutor would win.

3 Likes

I think we donā€™t have enough details to evaluate that part. If his glock was a small cap, say 7-8 rounds, and the guy is FAST (he claims to being well trained), he could empty 7 rounds in under 5 seconds including the draw. Most ordinarily proficient people could do it in maybe 7 to 9 seconds.

The bad guy pulls the door open, so maybe heā€™s between the driver and the door. In any case, I can see several scenarios where the guy is standing, or supported, or entangled where it might take more than 7 or 8 seconds to fall, and if the bad guy is still up and holding his AK, threat isnā€™t over.

2 Likes

@Zee I can see that also Zee, I have a feeling we have not heard the last of this one.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family talk soon :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes