Malfunctions due to “limp wristing”

As long the frame (and grip) doesn’t move back in the space with the slide during cycling process your handgun will function fine. You don’t need to grip or squeeze it hard, just good enough to keep it steady in relation to the slide.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, can be fun. I tote note book and pen on the bench, writing down which brand performed better.

1 Like

I agree with @Jerzees and @Nathan57 . I run tests with my defensive handguns with a “weak” grip to make sure they will function if I don’t get a perfect grip on them. I can hold them fairly loosely and they still tend to function fine.

Two other options to consider are (as mentioned above) hand placement and poor quality ammo (or a bad batch of usually quality ammo). One other thought is perhaps you may not be providing enough resistance with your arms which might allow the frame to move back with the slide during recoil? Though I have never had this issue myself even though I don’t completely lock my arms out when shooting and often practice shooting from retention positions where my arms are significantly bent.

7 Likes