Mags carried

how many mags are you comfortable with carrying or carry

As many as I can get on and still walk like a normal human. More than likely a 12 round mag in my FN, a 17 round in my left back pocket, with the bullets facing left for swiftly reloading, a revolver on my ankle, and a speed loader in whatever pocket I can fit it in. So 39 bullets sometimes.

1 Like

3 15 rounders for my ruger and possibly a couple of 10ers in a pocket. 4 speedkoaders for my smith if carrying it and 4 12 rounders for my vz/cz82. If I use my vest can add about 3 more magazines to my carry.

1 Like

The one in my pistol, that’s it. I’m probably the only person on here who will admit it. I tried extra mags but I value my comfort.

1 Like

Magazines can jam or stick. Extra mags are not just more rounds but can become necessary to replace a failing mag. Plus gun fight isn’t over when your mag is empty, its over when the total threat is stopped. The mags are for mental comfort and your safety.

3 Likes

Usual carry is one 15 round mag in my Glock 19 backed up by two 17 mags. So, 50 rounds total.

1 Like

I carry a minimum of one extra but usually two extra

1 Like

I always carry one extra 8 rounder. When we are traveling farther than 30 miles, I carry the extra 8, and an extra 10 round. Total ammo onboard=27 rounds of 230 +p 45 acp.

1 Like

2 mags. 1 in the G43 and an extra. Summer time, usually just the 1.

1 Like

I carry my SCCY with a round in the chamber and a full 10 in the magazine. And I usually carry one spare magazine. I figure the chances of needing any more than 21 rounds is are almost non existent.

2 spare…

Can you guys share how you carry the extra magazines? (Holster type? Please don’t say loose in a back pack… please… :wink: )

I used to carry with the bullets facing left in my back pocket, now I carry with bullets facing my belt buckle in a mag pouch. The mag pouch is a grayish blue to match my jeans, because it is an owb pouch.

1 Like

I carry in my back pocket. I carry my wallet in my left front pocket.

1 Like

I carry two extra magazines (limited to ten rounders), one in an AIWB holder and the other in an Ammo Armor case in my pocket.

https://stickyholsters.com/super-mag-pouch-smp-x-1.html

https://stickyholsters.com/belt-slider.html

If I’m using the smaller sig I just carry the extra mag in my pocket.

1 Like

I don’t define by # of mags, I consider the number extra of rounds. I try to carry a minimum of 12 rounds in addition to what’s already onboard the weapon. I know I can never carry enough, so I just pray what I have well help. :us:

1 Like

@Sheepdog556,
Those look interesting. I just ordered two of the belt sliders to give them a shot. Normally I prefer to carry 8+1 and two spare mags at eight each.

1 Like

3 13 round magazine for my 45

Hey @AdamJ, same here. I haven’t found a comfortable way to carry additional mags. Thinking about getting an ankle magazine holster, but haven’t tried one on yet.