Carry an extra or don't carry an extra mag, that's the question

once a co-worker of mine told he was harassed by 10 black youths on bikes(my co-worker is white) at night and calling him the n word, i now made the conscious decision to carry my extra mag. Now i have 30 rounds with me at all times when i carry.

I want to know if anyone else carries an extra mag when they conceal carry.

20 Likes

I do, for extra rounds, and in case of the first mag malfunctioning.

Another thread about it is here: For those who don't carry an extra magazine

19 Likes

Ditto what Fred_G said. Mostly in case of mag malfunction. If I have to go through 18 rounds and still need more, I’m having a really bad day. Scotty has managed to beam me to Falujah. :wink:

6 Likes

It is the time of day and where I may be going, but normally if not on me there is one close by on the bike or car.

4 Likes

I carry 2 extra magazines for both my EDC gun and my car gun.

7 Likes

How are you? And yes I do always carry an extra mag. I always want to be prepared.

7 Likes

You can clear 90% of firearm malfunctions just by doing a reload. I always carry one extra mag. Sometimes 2

6 Likes

When being trained for a conceal carry the instructor said to always carry an extra clip.
malfunctions, multiple targets. It’s not like the movies where they stop with one shot. Then he even commented that two extra clips isn’t unheard of, guess it depends on the area you live in. I have an extra clip on me.

6 Likes

You mean to tell me some folks carrying semi-auto firearms DON’T carry a spare mag?

11 Likes

I see it all the time @Ken38 and it doesn’t surprise me.

5 Likes

Always an extra mag. No exceptions. For clearing many malfunctions if for no other reason.

8 Likes

I have a 32 round spare I am taking with me next week and 300 rounds of ammo , just in case. I just ordered 2 more 32 round mags. You do know that you can carry 192 rounds in each back pocket of your blue jeans :smirk:

3 Likes

Same here. Extra mag for my carry gun and car gun.

3 Likes

I carry one extra always. 2 if I’m going more than 75 miles from home. Like others have stated, most malfunctions can be handled with a mag change. If I’ve run 27 rounds(9 in the gun +8 round+10 round) of .45 hollow points, and there’s still danger, then, I’m searched for a long gun to continue fighting with.

9 Likes

I carry at least one extra. Summer carry means a single stack gun so one or two extra mags is peace of mind.

3 Likes

I carry a spare mag occasionally, but work much harder at avoiding places where I might need a single round…forget about all of them.

4 Likes

Yes I carry an extra mag. I live in California and am forced to only use 10 round magazines so an extra 10 rounds is comforting.

5 Likes

Yes, to me it is only good sense

4 Likes

As mentioned in the other referred to similar thread above, I carry an extra magazine (not a clip). The first 2 rounds are CCI snake shot as we have a lot of rattlesnakes here in central Texas.

4 Likes

Almost every car manufactured has a spare tire, why would you not carry a spare mag?
I carry 3 spares on my person and at least 100 extra rounds in vehicle! Better to have them and not need them…

4 Likes