M&P Shield Plus Performance Center

I’m interested in purchasing an M&P Shield Plus PC model and came across this video. Any comments from the community will be deeply appreciated. Does anyone in the community own one?

6 Likes

:shushing_face:
I stopped watching this after 90 seconds…
This video doesn’t bring anything valueble for any reasonable person.

Posting firearms videos in the car like this only shows lack of basic firearm knowledge and definitely cannot be trusted as valued.
I’m surprised it was not on Tiktok… :smirk:

12 Likes

If she is a USCCA Certified Instructor, it scares me. She honestly doesn’t seem to have an understanding of either safety or how to properly breakdown her sidearm and put it back together.

I’d hate to think that becoming a USCCA Certified Instructor would be something with no real knowledge or ability could get just by showing up.

I’ve seen to many “certifications” that are almost guaranteed in you pay for the classes and show up, regardless of any ability.

8 Likes

@moderators,
FYI

Is she or isn’t she. Does anyone know?

3 Likes

It’s possible someone gave her the hat maybe a friend. It doesn’t mean she’s a certified instructor.

5 Likes

Kinda own :grin: it’s on layaway

3 Likes

She needs more training or a easier pistol to operate, she doing to much for such a nice pistol. I truly pray she is not a USCCA instructor.

3 Likes

I have a shield first model I love it is real comfortable to carry, and I’m a heavy guy has a nice trigger. Maybe you could rent one at a range and try it. I love mine more than I thought I would.

4 Likes

I have the M&P Shield (9) from the first batch that came out,
and in the manual for taking it apart it talks about moving the “Yellow Lever” down. I have always done that with my shield and have had no issues cleaning and putting it back together.

At the range where I work a couple days a week, we have the Shield 2.0 where I don’t do anything but strip it down. Have not had any issues with the Shield 2.0. No lever to move.

We have had several Shield Plus come in and they are gone in short order. We do not have one for the range yet, so I have not shot it or been able to take one apart. If I had not already purchased a Hellcat, I would have gone for the Shield Plus even without shooting it. The Shield has a great reputation and the grip is not much different from the older shield.

I think this lady needs to get the M&P Shield EZ series since she is having issues racking the slide. Not sure the EZ series is of the same quality as the regular shields.

In cleaning several different brands of firearms at the range, I have bumped different levers and then had issues putting them back together. Smith and Wesson is not the only one that has something that will cause a headache putting it back together. I was not too impressed with the speaker in the video, but she did give a good heads up for the new Shield Plus. Something to look for when putting the Plus back together. I at least got something out of the video.

Below is the earlier M&P Sheild

4 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to shoot the shield plus yet. I do have an early model shield 9mm and a shield 2.0 EZ in 9mm. Both are solid firearms. My wife likes the EZ better because it’s easier for her to rack and lock the slide

3 Likes

Don’t know about anyone else but I can’t stop laughing. Saw this firearm on sootchoo you tube. Nice to see someone with a little sense

5 Likes

Here’s a better review…

I didn’t watch this one yet, but his videos are usually pretty good

2 Likes

To answer your question, I have the Shield Plus PC. I chose the PC version without the ported slide and optics cut. Mine has the incredible fiber optic sights. This gun shoots so well. F-L-A-T!!! Very, very flat! I bought mine as soon as I saw it in my LGS and have not regretted it for a minute! I have about 150 rounds through it so far and after another hundred or so, I plan to switch it out as my EDC. I currently use the 365XL, but even with a lower round count with the Plus, I shoot the Plus much better.

As far as the original video, I watched a minute or two of it on mute (at work) and had to stop. I am a USCCA instructor, and although we never speak badly of another instructor, I so want to. Sootch’s video is very good.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family @Susan4 and god bless you. Thanks for the information.

3 Likes

If this your instructor RUN RUN RUN

3 Likes

Like @Susan4, I too just picked up the Performance Center Sheild Plus non ported and non optics ready version configuration. I love the idea of the longer barrel (4") and slide, and the new trigger is fantastic. I own a lot of the S&W M&P’s including a V1 9mm Sheild, and Performance Center V1 ported fiber optic Shields in 9mm, 40 and 45 (in fact my Crossbreed holster for my 45, fits my new Sheild Plus perfectly. It looks like I’ll be able to swap out the bbls/slides on my older Sheild and onto the Plus’s frame for additional capacity, so that’s a Plus ( :laughing: pun intended). I’m also a member of Springfield Armory’s “The Armory Life Forum” and posted the review videos over there on a similar thread comparing all the “micro” 9’s (P365, Max 9, Hellcat, Sheild Plus), so thanks to poster @Harvey for posting these review videos here. To get back to the original concern though, if you follow the manual or Sootch00’s take down instructions, you should not have an issue. I follow these instructions on all my M&Ps and have never had an issue. I’m guessing her disassembly of just pulling the trigger (which will work), probably didn’t put the lever in the fully correct position as it would be if you use a pick or screw driver as the manual describes.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @John162 and God bless you.

1 Like

Stooge comes to mind, nuk nuk nuk

1 Like

I think this was a poorly demonstrated video, not exactly depicting the person really at all professionally. I wouldn’t trust it, not saying it’s false, but the source isn’t credible enough for me to buy it.

3 Likes

I have the shield Plus just not the performance center and it is excellent and the trigger Has improved 100%

3 Likes