M&P shield 9mm

What do you think of the M&P shield in 9mm? Worth buying . I am looking for a small ccw pistol.

1 Like

Check this:

1 Like

Great carry gun. Not the smallest 9mm, but the Shield is very comfortable to shoot. I wish I had not sold mine. Current prices are tempting me to buy another one. I have seen them new for around $250, hard to beat that for what you get.

Oops, did not notice you put a link in Jerzy… I need more coffee.

2 Likes

I bought mine about 3 months ago to be my EDC gun and so far am very happy. For concealed carry, the form factor is perfect for me. Compact but not too small.

Some things I’ve noticed and I’ve heard others speak about:

The recoil spring is a little stiffer than you experience on other semi autos, so I could see chambering a round or locking the slide back being a little more difficult for some shooters.

It comes with two stock magazines, one 8 round and one 7 round. Not sure why they don’t just give you two 8 rounders. The 8 round is what you might consider an extended magazine, but on the 7 round the pinky finger will be off the grip for most people (just like many other subcompacts). I bought and installed an aftermarket grip extension on the 7 round magazine which makes shooting with the 7 round much easier.

Overall, I think its a great gun and I would recommend it.

1 Like

I’ve owned the 9mm shield for about 6 months,I love it. I carry it IWB in a Q series holster, works great for me

1 Like

Buddy has one he EDC’s. Seems like a very nice piece for the $$. He has had no problems at all with his and it eats anything he feeds it.

1 Like

I don’t own a shield but I do carry my M&P 2.0 9c daily.

Smith and Wesson did a great job updating their trigger and slide. Being a bigger guy I’m able to get away with carrying a larger firearm, so I have the 4" barrel.

The M&P 2.0s are really well put together.

1 Like

In CA the state approved version is model 1 with “Up when loaded” lever on slide, thumb safety and magazine disconnect. I went back to my Kahr PM9. Same capacity and PM9 fires all Kahr 9mm mags. Easier to conceal. No external safety or magazine disconnect.

1 Like

I have carried a gen 1 for a couple of years for my body type it is easily concealed fires great and accurate. The only thing I would change is to make the safety a little more accessible, I can see someone having problems with it in a high stress situation.

2 Likes