Looking for a shooting range

Greetings,

I am new to this forum as well as new to firearms.
I acquired a firearm in April and until now, May 30, I have not been able to get to a shooting range in the area where I reside.

I have located three ranges, but the directions I put on the GPS take me to residences and not to the range and they don’t answer the phones either.
I reside in Harrisonburg, Virginia and am willing to travel up to 50 miles away.

Does anyone on the forum know of any fields in the Harrisonburg City area, Rockingham County or Shenandoah Valley in VA.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Have you tried this:

?

2 Likes

Thank you, but I already try to visit the place, but the GPS took me to a residence, not a shooting range, and apparently the phones don’t work.

2 Likes

Do not rely on GPS. Especially searching addresses in rural area.

Last year I drove for USCCA training in Michigan and found somebody’s house instead of the Range :grimacing:
Phone confirmation is the best… or hopefully someone here is going to help you. :+1:

2 Likes

3 Likes

The only one I found near you

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Found this via Google Maps with search criteria

Shooting Ranges near Harrisburg, VA

4 Likes

I used a web site a few years back that I believed located ranges, turns out they were local residents that had a FFL.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information.

2 Likes

Thank you for your information.

2 Likes

You are welcome @FERNANDO10.
I hope the info is useful.

1 Like

Good luck Fernando. If you don’t already own land, it is surprisingly difficult to find places to shoot. In my area, in a 45-mile radius, there are only 4 places I can shoot my pistols. Most of them charge membership fees from $250-$400 annually.

I do have friends with land to shoot on, but finding times that work for them and myself doesn’t work out too often. I pay the fees so I can practice often! :wink:

You may also be able to find one through this search:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/find-a-shooting-range/

2 Likes

Thank you for your response.

COMPOSE_SIGNATURE_IPAD

Paul 1,
My family, some friends and several relatives own land. But having no experience in weapons, I really prefer to practice in a more controlled environment.

I appreciate the information.

Fernando
COMPOSE_SIGNATURE_IPAD

Do you know anyone with experience where you can shoot? The reason I ask is I regularly take friends with little experience with me to a range, and to our farm to shoot when I get to go and not work the whole time. Having someone you trust help you can make a huge difference regardless of the location. I wouldn’t go if there was also someone you don’t know, in regards to a land location…I learned that the hard way.

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.

COMPOSE_SIGNATURE_IPAD

No worries, brother.

Fernando, being a relatively new shooter myself (last 4-5 years), I think that’s a great decision. Ranges have already taken into account safety precautions. More importantly, I have learned a LOT from the range owners and fellow shooters. I’ve developed (I hope!) a lot of safe practices adhering to range safety rules, and having eyes watching me as I shoot. Have fun, best of luck.

Thank you. I wish you well.

COMPOSE_SIGNATURE_IPAD