How long has it been since you've been to the range?

If your state is one that doesn’t consider ranges essential locations, it’s probably been a while since you’ve been able to shoot at the range. In Wisconsin, ranges are considered essential. The range I normally shoot at is open. However, I’m a bit lower on ammo than I’d like to be and I’ve got loved ones living with me who are at greater risk of COVID-19, so I have limited leaving the house.

How long has it been since you’ve been to the range?

Why has it been that long?

• Ranges are closed in my state
    • Limited ammo
    • COVID risk
    • No time
    • Other please share below

0 voters

12 Likes

Week or so. I got a great rate on some range .45

10 Likes

Yesterday. Some ranges are open, and I have access to private family property.

10 Likes

Going tomorrow :pray:

9 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

That’s how long!

9 Likes

Just joined a new range where you reserve the entire range (it’s small with small membership numbers) so its just you and your party.

9 Likes

Three weeks. The last time I checked, they were open, but I haven’t taken the time to go. It’s a 30-minute drive for me.

8 Likes

Too long: 2/1 and 2/29. Next trip will likely be May or June.

9 Likes

In general I don’t go to public ranges but it has been a while since I have been to either one of my farms. I have my long range farm in NC where I can get to a mile which is owned by someone else and then I have my farm which I get mebby 500 yards and have my pistol plates. I have a few things brewing and need to source some supplies and then I think I will have a long weekend at my farm doing some load development and such.

Cheers,

Craig6

7 Likes

Have family farm. Range time anytime I want… got an early Easter present ( m&p shield 45) on Thursday so got some time in thurs and Friday…

9 Likes

Count me as one who also shoots on his own property, Haven’t shot any for the last 2 weeks but have plans for next week.

7 Likes

What part again? I’m in Charlotte. We can’t be THAT far apart…hint hint.

3 Likes

@Brad I’m in VA Beach the range in NC is a bit west of Elizabeth City off 17. My other farm is in Emporia just off 95 at the state line. I have passed through Charlotte several times going to the Gastonia Sniper Conference where I was a key note speaker several times. The wife is always looking for a good 3 day weekend trip, any good places to do a pub crawl, eat good food see cool sites?

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Last month, the range voluntarily closed due to covid 19.

7 Likes

In Charlotte. O.M.G. yes there are some good pub crawls and cool places to go. Go across Lake Wylie there’s some great places on the lake.

6 Likes

@Zavier_D speak more of this lake thing to me.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

Lake Wylie is the Southern Border of NC and the Northern Border of SC. It’s also the Southern border of Charlotte. Good sized Lake, great fishing held a couple of Bass Master Events. There’s a Great Eatery right off the bridge called Timber something. Can eat on the deck and throw french fries and or hush puppies over the side and absolutely monstrous fish come out to eat.

We lived in a gated community just down there. The lake has a number of Marinas, restaurants and bars, yacht clubs and such. Duke Power owns all of the property and they have been pretty conservative in selling it so it was still pretty spectacular.

6 Likes

Ranges are open here, but I’ve got a 6 week old baby. I’m only leaving the house for essentials if it’s absolutely necessary. It’s been almost a week since I went to the store. We stocked up knowing the peak is supposed to be soon.

I really miss the range, but I’m saving money which is a big plus with the new babe :man_shrugging:t2:. Excited to go back though! Hope it’s sooner than later.

10 Likes

We trained today as family, shot 700 or so rounds. We have been training if not every week, at least every other week. For an older dude, I had my weeks best training and shooting at 30 yards… the mrs had a great day on double taps. All pistol. We hope all have some chance to do some training. If not, train at home with dry fire and muscle memory. Take care…

7 Likes

Going on Tuesday with my ex-pastor. After only using my GSight laser for a month it appears I could use some improvement.

20 Likes