How long has it been since you've been to the range?

I shot about 50 rounds of practice ammo at the farm a week ago, just enough to keep me in practice.

5 Likes

The Farrar grips for the 84FS came today. I installed them and am suspect that they will make any difference. It will be taken to the range…once house arrest is over!

5 Likes

The two ranges where I’m a member of are still open but I have only gone twice in the last month due to ammo concerns. I have a decent stockpile but I don’t want to burn threw it to quick, especially with pretty weather on the way.

5 Likes

I was at the range this morning, it was great, only one other guy there. Shot both my Single Action Army clone and my Ruger GP 100. I try to go every week. Glad they are keeping them open.

4 Likes

I went to my local range this past saturday to do my ccw renewal qualification!!

4 Likes

Too long :’(

A combination of ranges being considered non-essential and being closed (the VCDL is considering a lawsuit), COVID risk (I live with a high-risk person), and ammo being in short supply and high cost makes me reticent to shoot even if I could.

4 Likes

I hope they work out for you :+1:

3 Likes

Other–I’m not going to shoot indoors for quite a while, and I’m trying to appease my better half by staying in as much as possible.

6 Likes

Last week. I don’t know how, but in my state ranges are considered “essential.” Mine being an indoor range, they are restricting the number of shooters who can be in the building.

Limited ammo was an initial concern of mine, however that has eased greatly. In my world, the range is my happy place. It’s relaxing and fun. So if my health and the “essential” classification holds, I hope to continue.

4 Likes

Lexington, NC!

3 Likes

I was at the Shoot Point Blank Range the week of 3/15. The following week they reduced hours for the store and closed the range.
Last week, I saw that they were opening the range 2 hours a day for members only from 10am to Noon. I was there last Wednesday and will be back later this week.

6 Likes

I may have to pony up for the outdoor range if this keeps up. My indoor is closed.

4 Likes

It is my understanding that ranges are considered essential business (I believe declared by DHS? dont quote me on that).

The reason being, if you are allowed to purchase a firearm during this time, how else would you confirm that it works, is reliable, train yourself to use it properly, let alone become proficient at it, without the use of a range. I think outdoor ranges are fairly low-risk as long as you can maintain social distancing. Indoor ranges are tougher because you are in a confined space for an hour+.

5 Likes

hey there the eskimo from TX…love your chart! AT LEAST youre hitting a mass. LOL…Easter Sunday was training a family member, who couldn’t hit my steel targets. Had to put him on paper to see where the heck the rounds were whizzing. “The spraying bullet syndrome!” as I call it. After an hour or so, we were able to get him dialed in a bit closer. He wanted to shoot my sig p226sao, no no no…not a beginners gun. Put him on the glock.

We had another family member shooting a “T” word .380. It goes bang, and in their price range. Has a horrible trigger pull. I am not knocking any firearm, they go bang, and it is all personal preference. let me digress a bit…I read comments when a manufacturer brings out a new gun…comments as “just another plastic gun”…steel, plastic, paper, aluminum, gold, silver…who cares? It goes bang, it defends oneself, if it has a horrible trigger? Practice. WE were able to get this family, lady, member, to hit a mass on a target. Mission accomplished for the day! WHAT did I as an instructor learn? This lady, family member, had long finger nails. That was a challenge. Mission accomplished.

Personally, I am very hard on myself for training and shooting. As a note to my self, am going to copy the eskimo’s target and shoot at it…gives me something to laugh at myself…I get a rogue shot once in a while, or twice in a while…LOL!!!

6 Likes

@SKIdaho I was quarantined and bored and was actually aiming for the letter “O” in the word “YOU” and the letter “N” in the word “RANGE”. So not really too bad from 7 yards (with a red dot). Basically… I think I shoot better in my jammies and need to put some clothes on and get to the range. :rofl:

5 Likes

I can just see this guy, shooting in his union suite, jammies, bare foot, bed head hair, safety glasses, coffee in hand, tooth brush in mouth, and if the neighbors are observing, what will their reply be??? LOL LOL LOL

In the mornings, I usta, word of the day…usta, walk out to the county road with my robe, slippers, ball hat, sunglasses, to get the morning paper, just to give the passer by neighbors something to talk about!!! The mrs would always say “really?” "you did whaaat?"LOL LOL

Isn’t there a song with the words…“up against the wall redneck mother,”? I am sure they are talking about “trigger wall”? LOL

6 Likes

We are fortunate enough to have plenty of land to spread out on and shoot but just never seem to have the time. After work and the 30-minute ride home, is close to 6. Sit a minute to rest, unwind, and enjoy a cold glass of tea, next thing you know is 6:30 or so. Gather up your stuff, load the truck, 4-wheeler, or golf cart and now close to 7. By the time you get set up and ready to shoot, it’s time to go as the sun is setting and you’re beat. Saturday? Yeah. That’s the day you get to catch up on all the stuff (other than range time) you didn’t have time to do during the week. To answer the question directly; prolly September since I had any quality range time.

5 Likes

All of the above but none of the above…….allow me to explain…

All the ranges in my State are closed…but as an RSO I’m allowed to go out on my own and go shoot on the range anytime the range is closed…

There’s limited ammo, so I limit myself to one box per visit……one visit per month…

COVID Risk…gives me an excuse to go by myself…(although I did take my brother out who is a bit of a firearm novice to get him his first range time in a year).

No time, work is seriously crazy right now so I’m low on time during the week, but since I’m limiting my visits to one a month…I manage to find the time.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ranges and gun stores deemed essential in MO. Just went to the range on Monday. My gun store however has closed due to the difficulty of getting supplies such as ammo and such. They are projecting to open in mid May.

3 Likes

This mornings schedule:
7:00 Prepare for disability trial
9:00 Disability trial (telephonic)
10:00 Shoot Point Blank
11:00 Total Wine & Fitness
11:30 Kroger’s

5 Likes