How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Well, there were a few deviations but all my goals were met. The telephonic trial lasted significantly longer than expected and I couldn’t leave for the range until 10:30. That pushed Total Wine until 11:30 and the list for Kroger was longer than expected. And my wife had me detour to ChickFilA to pick up lunch so I didn’t get back home until 1:30.
But still, all the boxes checked.
And after lunch I had a conference call with a client to prepare for a video deposition on Monday. It was a beautiful day for walking the dog while doing the depo prep and 100% legitimately billable time.

3 Likes

The only part of the 2 ranges I go to in Memphis that are open are the gun stores…and I just bought a used police surplus. Sig P229R over the internet in 40 cal that I’m dying to test shoot.

2 Likes

Hey Mike,
You can be my attorney, come over and shoot on our range, you can bill me and I can bill you, maybe we can trade??? Gives a new meaning to "shooting for advice!?

4 Likes

Lucky you @MikeBKY
My mornings schedule:
7:00 Still in bed
9:00 Am I still in bed?
9:30 Breakfast
10:00 Netflix
10:30 Netflix + chips + coffee

5 Likes

I like the idea but Southern Idaho is a LONG drive.

3 Likes

March 26 going to try and get there ion Monday

3 Likes

You will need a vacation after the shut down ends. We welcome any uscca member to come and shoot with us. Maybe we could find you some clients in Idaho.

3 Likes

Been a couple months since I have been. Just could not seem to work it into my schedule. Also the range I go to was closed for a while.

3 Likes

Welcome john369!

2 Likes

600 am to 8am on line school with daughter, paperwork, emails, and checking on ammo prices, coffee. More coffee. See what’s happening in gun world.
800. Make breakfast for Mrs and I
830 work on daily schedule
900 see if any unexpected , customers work in yard, clean shop and equipment, load equipment for day.
1000 order parts, get to work
100 lunch, sometimes work thru lunch, eat on run
130 to 6 pm working. Sometimes until 900.
6 to 8 help Mrs finish her projects, spring projects, yard,house
8 dinner
830 to 10 easy projects, watch non fake news, read training materials.
10 shower
1030 cookie maybe 2, and milk
1045 to 1100 bed time, watch a little non fake news, read gun magazines, or uscca magazine.
Mondays paperwork, and any work emergencies.
Some evenings, shoot and train.
Most equipment we work on, sits on Sat and Sun, we work, or have gun training classes. Try to take another day off during week, sprinkler repair, help Mrs mow yard, spray weeds, clean shop, service own equipment. Sometimes an extra day to get parts and equipment out of Salt Lake, or date day for us.

The life of self employed. Funny thing is, I didn’t realize how busy we are until I just jotted it down. We watch very little tv.

)ne item I forgot to mention…I draw and dry fire everyday, EDC, in the morning. With spring and summer coming on, I will live fire a mag in the morning, at least every third day.

4 Likes

@SKIdaho… you definitely shouldn’t have cookie at 1030 pm… It is not good for anyone’s health :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Cookie and milk? hmmmmm my fav is oatmeal, gives me some ruffage. In fact having one as I am typing this. Gotta have some bad habits…LOL

4 Likes

If one cant go to the range, dry fire. Disclaimer…unload and show clear…no ammo in room…ok draw and dry fire, 10 times, maybe next day 20 times, next day 30 times. When watching a movie…dry fire at commercials…or whatever…

BECOME ONE with your firearm!

Maybe take ones phone and video your draw and dry fire. Even I get sloppy. What about practicing clearing your house, or clearing a doorway? Remember unload, show clear, no ammo in room.

If we are going to a jobsite, and someone else is driving, I dry fire. Or I ill take the sirt and practice muscle memory. Take a ball point pen, turn it around, and click it…build muscle memory.

Practice loading a magazine in ones work space, rack the slide in work space, practice presentation, practice sul position…and so forth.,

Practice dry fire, from any position, use ones imagination! What about racking the slide, if one has only one hand??? Rack it on your holy jeans! Make the dog bark, thus entering distraction into scenario while one dry fires.

What about running in place…build ones heart rate upward, then practice dry fire?

Practice the rules of firearm safety…put on some camo and clear your home…drive the wife, kids and animals nutz!

Remember, unload, show clear, and no ammo in room!!!

5 Likes

That’s a new one on me. Sitting at my desk reading this I had to pick up a pen and try it - great idea! :+1:

4 Likes

Chocolate chip is the only REAL cookie! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Two days (Friday afternoon, this is now Sunday). My range is open although they have limited hours. I still go 2-3 times a week. I have an airgun range in the garage where I pop off around 50 rounds before going to work every day (lets me practice draw and shoot on the move, something the square range usually doesn’t allow) but I know the question is about a live fire range.

4 Likes

Fianally made it out to the range today!!! ::man_dancing: :man_dancing: :grin: :grin:

I didn’t actually shoot that well, no better than minute-of-bad guy, but at least I was shooting. There was another man there shooting a .22 target rifle from the prone position, and doing it rather well. His last shot exploded a can of Coke at 236 yds.

Anyway, it was a good time.

6 Likes

Indoor range here is closed. Another indoor range 30 miles from here is open. Could go to the family farm, however, it’s turkey season. People are up there hunting, so one don’t know where they’re at exactly and two don’t want to scare off the turkeys.

4 Likes

My Range has just opened :heart_eyes:
Social distancing, line reservation for particular date and hour, face masks.

I’m preparing my tools for Monday… maybe Tuesday… :+1:

4 Likes

Last weekend. I go 2 times a month. You guessed it, the weekends were i get paid lol ! If i have 200 rounds to use and at least 100 to 150 at my house after going im all in. Its important to me. And when this pandemic is over you better believe im taking some more courses to work on all aspects of training!

4 Likes