Looking for a good ankle holset

Seen a lot about bug bite, anyone have recommendations?

3 Likes

Positive retention.

2 Likes

Look up Bugbite ankle holsters. I’d recomend them. Son and I both have one. The BUGBite Ankle Holster

2 Likes

I’d be very careful about strapping anything to by legs that could lead to blood flow problems and blood clots. Trust me. It’s no fun.

@anthony_j2 Well here’s a link to Uncle Mike’s ankle holsters, I’ve been using there holsters for years.:us: :us:

1 Like

No good but I guess if it makes you feel safer and you have your carry permit then go for it…it is an on the ground last resource and as I train people it’s like carrying a 9mm in your handbag. I have been trained as an army Ranger and I have trained sheriffs and city officers and while the new initiative has been descalate there is no similar situation and choice is in a split second. Life happens in less than seconds. Gravity is defined by altitude. On average 9.764 m/s/s I guess so is life. Be well, always walk forward and protect those that can’t.

1 Like

a ‘good’ ankle holster? Like a trustworthy politician?
There are better places to put a back up gun that give you far better access (pocket, small of back).
If it’s your primary carry–please let me know where to send the flowers, should there be a defensive situation. You’ll never access it in time.

1 Like

There are situations where waistband carry is impractical, or would not be concealed. In these instances I commend @anthony_j2 for his preparation & forethought. I would rather take longer to access my firearm than not have one.
I use an Unkle Mike’s ankle holster when wearing a suit & tie as said garments were tailored about 10 pounds ago.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Brent42 and God bless you.

I also do not recommend ankle holsters due to slow accessibility. But if it makes you comfortable go ahead. Before making that choice though get some training.

For a primary EDC, I lean the same way, @Johnnyq60. But as a bug in the car or seated in public it can be incredibly helpful.

It’s always been recommended to carry inside of your non-dominant side. (I’m right-handed, I would carry inside the left ankle so that I could easily access while seated or crouched behind cover.) After seeing that demonstrated in a class it made a TON of sense to me.

3 Likes

Why look for a holster that has so many limitations? Backup firearm, perhaps so many other ways to carry…

1 Like

I wear an Allen holster. Bought at Walmart. cost effective and it is comfortable. But it can be found anywhere from what I see. I have been wearing same one for 3 years now. it just simply works. It is ambidexterous

1 Like

thanks for all the input. i prefer iwb, but at times its not possible

1 Like

I notice some online stores have discounts, and offer discount codes, which you can compare to the USCCA member discounts page, linked below: :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/dashboard/partner-discounts/

1 Like