Let's talk lube! Get your minds out of the gutter

#KingOfBattle I was the BN SWNCO

2 Likes

I was a #1 man backup and driver. I was mech, so I got to know the Paladin pretty well. Then I deployed, and did patrols.

1 Like

@Kerryman71,guess what Amazon has…

6 Likes

Tells me it will be delivered by Saturday. Thanks for the find!

3 Likes

I use SLIP2000 products. Now that’s my personal preference after trying pretty much everything on the market. IMO it’s all good as long as you’re keep up with the maintenance of your firearms. As a side note if there’s anything any of you want to try and you’re in Dodge Co. WI. message me and I probably have it. LOL. I have a full unused FrogLube kit someone can have for free too. Good stuff and smells great. Who ever said firearms and accessories weren’t an addiction!? LOL

3 Likes

Depending on the firearm, I use Breakfree CLP or FrogLube. Both work fine for my needs.
During my L.E. career we always used Breakfree which covered all aspects of cleaning a firearm in one product.

1 Like

I use several little known lubricants.

LPS 1, a fantastic penetrating lube, LPS a very good very slow drying preservative and penetrating oil.

“Machinegunners Lube” for general purpose.

“Lucas” specialty lubricants designed specifically for firearms and some designed for other purposes.

In addition to normal cleaning and lubing, for high volume shooting with my semi auto’s on long range/training days I’ll add a bit of additional Lucas Oil Stabilizer, a very thick crank case lube and preservative with a Q tip to "grease the rails. No matter how hot or hard you run a gun it doesn’t evaporate.

Machine gunners Lube is a very interesting product designed literally for light, medium and heavy machine guns. even when it dries or “cooks off” it leaves a moly coating that continues to lubricate and protect under any conditions.

1 Like

Slip 2000. They have a 3 part system that does an excellent job.

2 Likes

I use hoppe’s with the precision tip. My gun only requires a small amount of oil in key places.

Other than that watch out cause hoppe’s will turn your brass green quick.

1 Like

Ballistol for preservation, Mobil1 (5W30) for lubrication, Eezox on outside of the gun (leaves nice shiny coat; no finger-marks at all).

1 Like

Discovered Lucas gun oil LOVE IT will never go back to rem oil

4 Likes

LUCAS is great ! I used CAR LUCAS as treatment for my old car and thx to this product I drove the car for 200K.
Never used for gun, but no doubt this manufacturer is great !

I’m wondering how REM worked for you. This lube burned out on slide, and made my gun dry after 200 rounds :triumph:

2 Likes

Same here buddy… rem has really gone to the dogs the last few years… stop at any truck stop with a shop they have the small bottles if Lucas I found the bottles with the needle love it…

2 Likes

Oh and I never made 2 hundred rounds or even 1 hundred… I have this thing that I only shoot maybe 3 or 4 mags ., I found if I do more and more often I tend to catch habits ( bad ones) lol … so I just shoot to keep in tune to make sure my good habits stay good… but I have buddy’s who need to shoot alot to keep good habits different strokes for different folks I guess…lol

2 Likes

But sometimes the gutter is fun. LOL

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for the gutter my mind would be homeless.

4 Likes

Rem oil is pretty light and burns off rather quickly.

You won’t ever run into that being a problem with the Lucas Gun lube or Machine Gunner’s Lube. Even when MGL seems “dry” it leaves a layer of specially formulated molybdenum disulfide that continues to lube and protect.

We’ve used Lucas products in all our vehicles and tractors going back to the 80’s and I couldn’t have been happier when they started producing products specifically for the firearms industry.

1 Like

Cleaned the Canik at the range today… now my hands smell faintly of gun oil. :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
just sayin’

1 Like

Which one?:thinking:

1 Like

today, Gunzilla, since that’s the one that was in my range bag. Just ordered some machinegunner’s lube… don’t know what that one smells like yet.

1 Like