Let's see your new gun!

That looks like the VR80 with a 9 shell magazine. Great choice!

1 Like

Got a couple of 9 round mags, couple 5rd mags, and one 19rd mag

3 Likes

I’m not fond of the take down lever which you need a screwdriver for but since it is basically a P365 all the parts are interchangeable so the normal TD lever just pops in. The slide stop is very flush and the only time I would need to use it is when disassembling.
The sights, well, I like them for the fiber during the day and tritium at night, but…but, getting the circle and dot correctly lined up is something that I am going to need a little time with. I have tritium 3 dot sights on other pistols which I think you get faster sight acquisition from than the Meprolight FT Bullseye that comes on the SAS.
My shots(being a lefty) were to the right but got better after 3 magazines(8” target at 25 feet). If I were to need to pull this pistol in a defense of my life situation I would have to agree with Rob Leatham, your adrenaline is going to be surging and you will not be looking for the sights, it will be your point of aim, as long as you have your grip correct with finger control you’ll hit the target.
I have put 150 rounds through it so far and sight acquisition is getting better each time but I think using this pistol is definitely for up close and personal defense. It is very light, the trigger is great, and build quality.
A big plus is that since it is a Sig, and for those of us with larger hands, the FCG can fit into the XL frame along with the SAS slide. The 10 round magazines that it comes with leave off my pinky but the 12 and 15 rounders make up for that.
For a EDC pistol I think it is great, having fun ringing AR500 steel dualing trees with friends, no. That’s what my G19 is for. Here is my first 25 rounds.

1 Like

Glock 43x it’s definitely a must to your collection out of all my guns this is my EDC

3 Likes

I’d love to get one. They’re hard to come by these days. Have you looked into the Shield Arms 15 rounders?

1 Like

It does seem like a great conceal carry option. Glad it’s working for you. Wouldn’t be upset with that grouping either.

I’d like to get my hands on the P365XL, but I think I sold my souls to S&W.

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Ronald149 and God bless you.

No I’ve never heard of it

2 Likes

Thank you Johnny. God Bless!

1 Like

I don’t have personal experience, but these make me interested in the G43X over something like a P365 (I like some meat to my guns).

1 Like

Let us know how it shoots. When I was shopping for my 365, lots of reviewers said the SAS shoots left. I kind of doubted that, but my first pistol, so I went with the standard 365.

Love the SAS’s looks. So clean and sleek.

2 Likes

Thank you. My grouping could have been better.

Best of both worlds, 365 SAS on the XL frame😎
No worry about the pinky hanging off, beaver tail, and I can use my 10 round magazines thanks to Tactical Development 10-XL Pro Spacers👍

6 Likes

Nice piece of hardware @Karacal. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the Auto Ordnance 1911 BKO?
I’ve been seeing them around lately.

1 Like

Top is 10.5 5.56. Bottom one 7.5 300-blackout

9 Likes

Nice pieces of hardware brother @Clint29 .:+1::+1:

Too big to carry and almost armed!!!

Friends

10 Likes

Nice pieces of hardware brother @George98 :+1::+1:

1 Like

I’m sure someone on the tactical internet will say they carry it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Awesome cannon and rice shooter!

2 Likes

An awesome friend who is a LEO saw it and advised that a gun that big should have wheels! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes