Let's see your new gun!

Showing some of the upgrades on my .300 Blackout. Not shown: VG6 Epsilon muzzle device

6 Likes

@Gravedigger is you mount holding up? Nice setup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Should have used the correct user ID. LOL…

It is; after I torqued it down properly. Worked its’ way loose the first time.

I want to do one more upgrade… the stock. It’s just plain ole mil-spec.

3 Likes

@Gravedigger took me a while to figure out how to get the right torque on the mount. Finally bought a Wheeler Fat Wrench. It takes time to configure an MSR just right. MilSpec works just fine until you can upgrade. You can’t go wrong with Vortex optics :+1:

3 Likes

LOL I bought the same torque wrench. I think it’s the most popular one among AR owners. I see it in every gun video on youtube. The Vortex is the first glass I have bought; everything else has been red dot. The brand came highly recommended by 2 friends I trust. One is a former combat vet.

I upgraded the rifle to .300 so I can deer hunt with it, and shoot it at my indoor range. They don’t allow .223 or 5.56.

What do you like to shoot?

3 Likes

@KenM

Interesting conversion on the AR’s. Do you just get an AR 9mm upper and those mags? Reliable?

I had a Glock 23 a few years ago, converted it to 9mm, and don’t think I ever shot it as a .40 again.

4 Likes

@Gravedigger No YouTube videos when I started building MSRs. I’ve been tinkering with my .308 (7.62x51). It takes some concentration to group consistently with a 16" barrel. I reload with a single-stage press and have a consistent load worked out. That rabbit hole runs deep if you ever consider it. I have a photo of it somewhere in this thread. Depending on how oppressive our current state government gets, I would like to build something for a bit longer range. Quantico has a descent long-distance range that is available every now and then.

2 Likes

You too? I mean, I figured keeping all my guns in a safe on a houseboat would be perfectly safe in Louisiana… Dang hurricanes… :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

You should have waited. Henry is coming out with levers that have Side Loading, like Winchesters

3 Likes

I spoke with my FFL/dealer that put these 9mm uppers together, he has a San Diego sheriff SRT/SWAT guy that has put 2K rounds and no issues. The mags are inexpensive do it works for me.

I still like .40sw so we’ll see how this pans out

2 Likes

We should probably rename the title of this thread to “Let’s see your new gun! Before it falls in the lake in a horrible boating accident”

6 Likes

For that price, why not just buy a carbine?

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I cannot find the post about price that you commented on. Are you wondering why I would build an AR over buying one?

2 Likes

Strange, the post I was replying about appears to be gone, sorry if I’m wrong but I seem to recall the post was about a frame to mount your 9mm handgun into turning it into a carbine, but the price was higher than just buying a 9MM carbine outright.

2 Likes

I know what you are referring to. I just liked the modularity of the platform and it there were good reviews of that product. I do think if I was to ever want a PCC I would consider it, but would also look at other options. Namely AR platforms chambered for 9mm. Do you have a PCC you like?

1 Like

@Crispin I think what you’re referring to is the “Micro RONI” It’s an interesting concept.

@James Lots of good choices out there nowadays… The CMMG Banshee in 9mm (or various other pistol calibers) is the hotness right now. A little pricey, but not outrageous IMO, if you want something right out of the box. PSA also has an AR9.

If you go outside the AR platform, that opens up the Ruger PCC, CZ EVO Scorpion (and the Micro variant), Kel-Tec SUB-2000, KRISS Vector (I had one before it was lost in a horrible boating accident, thoroughly enjoyed).

4 Likes

Ok so technically it’s not mine yet but I’m really considering a ruger 57 but can’t find one yet… don’t want to order one online (if I can even find one) until I can put my hands on one

Anybody had a chance to try one?

2 Likes

Had for awhile. But it’s.my IDPA gun. I am getting past some medical issues but I want to try and get back into IDPA.

10 Likes

Oh I forgot to share my newest gun pic. I bought a new deer rifle.

11 Likes

had to show this got 2 days ago fired yesterday love it

9 Likes