Let's see your new gun!

@Zee
I’ve never understood that. I’ve heard it before.
I just can’t imagine the scenario that is harmful.

My guns get ATF SNs. They get transferred to me with paperwork listing the SN.

I’ll admit to not really looking into this before.

Help me understand what I’m missing.

1 Like

Well… I regret to inform that I had 2 fail to ejects in 40 rounds of the underwoods. Do I blame the storm lake barrel or the ammo? I now have very expensive range ammo. On a plus side, I wouldn’t want to shoot them without hearing protection.

They shoot out a respectable fireball though. Too bad the camera phone doesnt do it justice.

5 Likes

I know most of the time this doesn’t matter, but, are you using 40 or 357 magazines? I’ve read that sometimes Glocks will have nose dive issues with 357 Sig in 40 S&W mags. Also, since you had said you were having issues with accuracy, maybe it is the barrel. Last, call Underwood. They take pride in their product. Maybe you got a bad batch. They might ask you to send it back in exchange for a new box.

2 Likes

Thank you. I have both .357 and .40 mags. These were all shot in the same .357 mag. Also, I’m getting better with accuracy. Point of impact is higher than point of aim. More than any other gun I have fired. Not sure if the barrel or caliber is the culprit. Hind sight 20/20, I would have done things differently. But, it’s still good fun. Good idea with Underwood, I’ll contact them.

2 Likes

I have one as well, and it can get pretty snappy. Lol.

Do you think it is possible for your extractor could be worn? That would be the first thing I would look at with a failure to eject.

2 Likes

Brand new gun. Less than 100 rounds fired at this point. Total rounds for gun = 50 rounds Winchester white box, 40 rounds underwood, and 150 speer gold dot. Only other malfunction was a FTF, light striker hit on primer, gold dot. Fired on second try.

1 Like

@Sully_LST on a good day, I’d say it means nothing. On a bad day I’d say it means yet another way to get on yet another list that could result in you being on a list of “candidates” in a search. I not only don’t want to be identified as the bad guy, I don’t want to be in the lineup they are picking the bad guy out of. On a really bad day, I don’t for the same reasons I don’t publish my DL or SSN… why make it easier for evil people to do evil things?

2 Likes

@Brian1 One other common cause, pay close attention to your support hand and fingers. See if it has the same hangups firing with only one hand.
Just one of the things I check myself before giving up on ammo or gun part.

3 Likes

I had to go back and place a bid on the old Colt too.

1 Like

@Zee I reckon I need to check my uploads and see about that.
Thanks

1 Like

@Bugleboy I got to shoot a STI .40 custom race gun last weekend. It ran forever on one mag. Belongs to a former SEAL. Also got a free lesson in trigger “press”. Nice pistol!

1 Like

Does anyone have an Arex Rex Zero One CP? I was thinking about getting my Slovenian wife a Slovenian handgun.

5 Likes

@Jeff-A1, To be honest… I’d go with SIG P229 for my wife… same size but better quality :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Ok I’ve added another AR for our His ‘n Hers collection. These are 9mm using standard AR lowers with Means Arms Endomags. I’ve posted the first one awhile back. They both have DD irons and linear comps, the bottom comp is a bit larger as my supplier/FFL had to make a production change from the first batch that came out so the barrel thread and pitch is different.

It was difficult in finding a comp but I found this, my supplier said that if I want to swap barrels and get the same type of comp he’ll work with me on that. So we’ll compare the two and I’ll see how the “Boss” wants to handle it.

I’ve also finished converting my Glock 23 .40sw to a 9mm using a Storm Lake conversion 9mm and I swapped out the ejector housing for a 9mm ejector as well. If I don’t like this or have problems I’ll swap the slide and barrel out. This barrel has a 1:16 twist vs a Glock 1:10.

I also added a Strike Industries Mass Driver Comp and a Magpul Enhanced Magwell on this as well as I did on my G22 police trade in conversion to a G17 9mm.

I’ll be upgrading the sights and doing a double undercut on this as well. Here’s tip 10rd capacity Glock mags have a thicker rim on the magazine base plate top edge don’t work with the magwell, standard capacity magazines are no problem. I really like these magwell

8 Likes

@KenM I like your new firearms. My wife would be more impressed with your floors :slight_smile: It is about time we started replacing ours :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

That’s funny, those floors they’re about 20 years old and in dire need of cleaning

4 Likes

@KenM Our floors have seen better days. 17 good years of kids and cats. Longest I ever stayed in one spot. Still thinking about getting my wife a Rex Zero One CP. A Slovenian gun for a Slovenian girl. She got her US citizenship the legal way long before we met.

4 Likes

I saw a YouTube video by Sootch00 of the Rex from what I remember I believe it was a good review. I get the sentiment behind getting it for your wife, I’d do the same.

I’ll tell you what our grandkids are usually in the family room where this wood floor is, so spills have been easily picked up.

After about 8 years of me saying to get a Dyson animal my wife finally said let’s do it. So we just used it and the stuff that comes up is far better than the red devil vacuum she’s bought 2 times in those 8 years. We have dogs so for the carpets I’d say the Dyson works just like in the commercials if you have pets.

5 Likes

Love it. I built my first AR a few months ago. Built a 5.56 and purchased an S&W 15-22. I have since upgraded my 5.56 to a .300 Blackout. I love the platform. I am addicted to shopping for, and buying upgrades. In fact, with the left over parts from my upgrades I will put together a 5.56 (I have left over ammo in 5.56, and you know once you open the box on ammo - it needs to be sent down range!).

4 Likes

First picture… My AR 5.56, S&W M&P shield 9mm, S&W 15-22, Ruger LCP II .380
Sort of a his and hers set
My bride wanted a pink gun. This was the best I could do for her given my strict parameters.

I have since upgraded my AR to a .300 blackout, added Vortex scope, and other upgrades. As a new user I can’t post 2nd picture. (lame!)

Can’t wait to repurpose my left over 5.56 stuff into a full AR!

4 Likes