Lend a pistol to a friend?

At the range or when training some one

3 Likes

For me good friends = family. There are only a few good friends in my life but I would protect them like family. Also no children at my house anymore so that’s not a concern. It could also be good for me to have my wife shoot at someone that wasn’t me just in case :joy::thinking::grin:

3 Likes

Thank you my dear brother Frank73,same to you and yours

4 Likes

If that’s a real question, in a pocket, a Sig P238, and my EDC= Kimber Ultra Raptor II, 3” bbl in .45ACP permanently attached to my hip. Not to mention Spartan Neck Knife, Gerber MK I boot dagger, Wilson pocket knife. And if legal, RPG’s, claymores in addition to the vehicle mounted .50 Cal. My family and friends know the safest place is BEHIND me.

Friends don’t let friends go unarmed!

6 Likes

Agree with you there! I would protect my good friends like they were family but with the little one in the house I would make sure to keep him out of the line of fire.

3 Likes

Your question is the exact reason I don’t have many friends and the ones I do have own their own.
One of our mechanics had a sticker on his huge snap-on tool bot and it said “I don’t ask to borrow your wife so please don’t ask to borrow my tools”

My late dad (born in 1913) gave me some great advice. He said “if you can’t afford to buy it, you sure can’t afford to borrow it”.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Edgar5 , glad you could join us.

5 Likes

I don’t consider this question important because most of my relatives are leftist and nominal believers. The latter part is important only because they go along with the crowd (questionable religious dogma and a supposed holy church and priests) rather than question everything. A cousin and his family live up the street and they were trying to pressure my mom to get “vaccinated”. She’s still recovering from an aneurism and subsequent open~heart surgery she had about 2 years ago. Her blood pressure is under control and she’s doing well for her age (81). Diet is one of the key cornerstones to optimal living. It’s very interesting that my cousin told my mom “it’s better to have the ‘vaccine’ and not need it then need it and not have it.” I wondered if he was aware about the 2A community’s convictions because that’s the only time I’ve heard the phrase used. Nevertheless that’s a family that would never get any tool from me. I’ve also told my mother that our emergency food and water is for our family, not for others. I have the same philosophy about food, water and other emergency preparations like most people here have about lending firearms to others. Am I being cruel in my decision not to share these things with people like them (question) Absolutely not. Quite a few disdain Bible believers So~called family have said and done some cruel things, and I wouldn’t doubt that many of them would have turned us in if we were living under the Nazi regime.

5 Likes

My real friends know not to ask, lol!

6 Likes

Really depends upon the circumstances. I need to be there. However even my sons I will not by them a firearm and give it to them, I go with them to the store, place a limit on how much and take cash. They fill out the paperwork. I love my kids, they are good too but both being single one bad girlfriend and now I am in a lawsuit I don’t want to be in. If times were simpler yes. Unfortunately they are not.

4 Likes

Never, encourage them to get their own ahead of time

6 Likes

If a friend asked to “borrow” one of my guns, it would have to be for hunting or to shoot at the range to see if they liked it.

6 Likes

Seeing as how One can purchase a “decent” Hand Gun for under $500.00 they can get their own.

6 Likes

depends. Mostly - NO!. if they dont have a firearm, I will assume they dont know how to handle one safely, and will not be familiar with its operations. If I know them, and they are familiar with firearms and are helping me defend my home and family, I might lend them a weapon to help defend my home.

1 Like

um
OHN!

5 Likes

Define lend!
The guns are my kids and I am fully responsible for them.

Lend as at a range to see if they like the gun, as long as I’m there, yes.

Lend as they walk off with the gun, somewhere between 0 and none. Too much liability.

Caveat, if I was in LE or retired military, and the person was a true friend who covered my 6, the answer “might” be different. I have knowledge of their ability and mindset.

5 Likes

I would definately say in the midst of a riot or some catastrophic event where it was just complete chaous and mayham.

If violence was very very raw and uncut, if bullets were flying and glass was busting, if a mad max or a Bruce Willis scene unfolded right before my eyes, right where I was standing, then ID pass an extra pistol to my friend with the quickness.

But other than that, I dont see myself doing it. Its way too costly, seeing as though you’re responsible for whatever they do with it, plus, it is unlawful to do so in so many states and counties.

6 Likes

No one would get any of my weapons I will not allow anyone touch any of my weapons I will help anyone in trouble I would even buy a weapon for them if they would buy one in their name

5 Likes

Friend No — family Maybe.

3 Likes

My thinking is also that it could possibly be a disaster.
I do have one specific pistol I loaned to new shooters when I am standing next to them at the range, introducing them to shooting. I’m not shooting myself because I’m busy coaching them and watching them like a hawk. But as far as just giving a gun to someone to take with them for their own personal protection at home or on the street? NEVER!

8 Likes