Legal protection against gun confiscation

We all know that the 2nd Amendment is under assault.
However, the 2nd Amendment continues to be honored selectively by state and county.

What options do we have to protect our guns if the county sheriff were to honor a federal edict for gun confiscation?
I’d like to focus on pro-active, rather then legal defense.

1. Trust (suggested by Hal Turner show): my guns have been placed in a Trust, but this affords little protection in Ca.
  2. Register guns in another State: Possibly similar to establishing an LLC in a state with lower taxes.
  3. Transfer ownership to a friend or family member in a gun friendly state. Trust can also accomplish this.
  4. Holding facility similar to a Precious Metals IRA Trust?

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.
Is anyone knowledgeable on the subject?

2 Likes

If the Feds want them they will take them and sort it out in court later. Unless you can hide them or keep them off site. :man_shrugging:
Welcome to the community. :+1:

2 Likes

Who are they going after first? Is it alphabetical? Sucks if your last name starts with A :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I won’t disagree with you.
PVC pipe is one way to conceal them from a metal detector.

However, I’m heartened to see some states passing anti gun-confiscating laws.
If red states continue to exert their legal authority then we may have some options.

Also, Sheriff Mack (CSPOA.org) has been rallying constitutional sheriffs throughout the country to stand up against such tyranny. I would encourage everyone to become a member.
This will ultimately be won or lost at the local level.

Below are some encouraging headlines (Epoch Times) over the past month:

1. April 7, 2021 - Arizona Governor Signs Bill to Defy Any New Federal Gun Control Laws.
  2. April 3, 2021 - Iowa Governor Signs Bill Into Law Letting Residents Buy, Carry Guns Without Permits.
  3. April 2, 2021 - Arkansas State Senate Passes Bill Banning Enforcement of Federal Gun Control Laws.
2 Likes

After witnessing the lack of action by the U.S. Supreme Court; I doubt that there is any legal protection except those enforced by the state you live in.
Once someone takes away your gun, while you wait on some court to make the authorities give it back, how are you going to ensure your own defense?

2 Likes

This is interesting concept that might work in a place where states outlaw federal gun confiscation.

1 Like

:scream:

My last name starts with A. I say we reverse alphabet (sorry @Zavier_D)

(Trying to lighten the very somber mood. Somehow we will get through this! ~Dawn)

5 Likes

You have a link to a source on that? Everything I found states that PVC does not prevent metal inside it being detected, though it can make a very good storage container - air- and water-tight.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to go off topic but if you decide to hide guns in any container make sure you include a desiccant able to absorb moisture. Guns rust.

2 Likes

Not a link.

Have heard that from both Sheriff Mack and Mike Adams now.
Respect the both of them so I purchased some and ran a test using my son’s metal detector.

Not the best metal detector, but did work using some long guns.

1 Like

Humor is a good trait to have when the world is upside down.

Hmm, world upside down.
Wish I hadn’t said that. Reminds me of pole reversal.
Compass is no longer pointing due North.
Supposedly the earth is wobbling as well.

Yup, we need more levity.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree.
Feds and federal institutions with very few exceptions are corrupt as hell.

I’m working on the county level here to establish a good relationship with the police.
Fortunately, we do have one of the few Ca Sheriffs who is pushing back against Count Newsom.

1 Like

Interesting!
Happy, well adjusted family here, but I do wonder if this can be leveraged.
Worth some research.

Could also be hard to get them back I would guess.

1 Like

Well, here is one quick link I found about detecting PVC pipe underground by using a metal bore snake. That alone destroys the PVC blocking metal detection theory. There are numerous other links I found about using PVC to store firearms and precious metals. If you bury the objects deeply enough, most normal metal detectors will not find them - oft cited is more than 3 feet below ground, though common metal detectors only detect about 6" -10".

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

If gun confiscation becomes a real thing you had best already divested yourself of them to where ever it is you want to put them. If you think the Feds or any other LEO is going to knock on your door when you are home and come take your guns you are sadly mistaken.

Most of us live pretty predictable lives even though we may change up how we go to and from work, in general we leave about the same time 5 days a week and come home in a similar predictable fashion.

Always remember the police can hold you for 24 hours without charging you and the same can be done with your “phone call”. 24 hours is a lot of time for you and your significant other to sit in jail while they ransack your house and confiscate your guns. You will find the search warrant taped to your broken down front door when they let you out of jail so that you can catch a taxi to the impound lot to pay to pick up your impounded car. How did your car get impounded you might ask? Well they pulled you and your significant other over for a routine traffic stop and informed you that you had an outstanding warrant for your arrest. OBTW you complied with turning over your EDC prior to being handcuffed and put in the cruiser because you are a law abiding citizen.

Has that happened? Not that I’m aware of but if I had to confiscate guns that is how I would do it.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Well, you better take a metal detector and something to dredge the bottom of Iatte Lake. I really did lose my rifles there.

1 Like

Sobering thought, but a good reminder that we’ve got to prepare for this on many fronts.

Joining the USCCA was one such move.
I’ve already consulted a Trust attorney.
I plan to have a consultation with one of the USCCA attorneys in Ca as well.

I’ll certainly let everyone know if I learn anything.

April 8 Update (Epoch Times):
According to text provided by the White House, Biden is directing the Department of Justice to, within 30 days, issue a proposed rule aimed at curbing the spread of so-called ghost guns, or guns that are made from build-it-yourself kits.

The government will also in the next two months issue a proposed rule declaring that a pistol equipped with a stabilizing brace will be labeled a short-barreled rifle, and it will publish model “red flag” legislation for states.

2 Likes

I advocate nothing.
Just thinking of the saying:
If you think you need to hide them, its time to use them.

3 Likes

Common metal detectors used by children & amateur detectorists, yes. Don’t you watch Discovery Channel? Gary on Oak Island has one accurate to 10’. I highly doubt the Fed’s would use anything less than the best with our tax dollars.

2 Likes